|Real Name||Ustad Puranchand Wadali|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.70 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 7”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 90 kg
in Pounds- 198 lbs
|Date of Birth||4 June 1940|
|Age (as in 2018)||78 Years|
|Birth Place||Guru Ki Wadali, Amritsar, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Gemini|
|Hometown||Guru Ki Wadali, Amritsar, India|
|Debut||All India Radio, Jalandhar (1972)|
|Family||Father- Thakur Das Wadali (Vocalist)
Mother- Not Known
Brother- Pyarelal Wadali (Singer) and 2 more
Sister- Not Known
|Hobbies||Singing and travelling|
|Favourite Food||Sarson ka saag|
|Favourite Actor||Amitabh Bachchan|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Puranchand Wadali
- Does Puranchand Wadali smoke?: Not Known
- Does Puranchand Wadali drink alcohol?: Yes
- Puranchand is the elder brother among the Wadali Brothers, and used to be in akharas (wresting house) for around 25 years before singing.
- His father was a popular Mazaar of Data Ganj Baksh Saheb at Lahore before Indo-Pak partition.
- The Wadali Brothers got their first breakthrough in 1972 through All India Radio, Jalandhar.
- They have been mainly associated with sufi style of singing.
- They were trained in Hindustani music by Pt. Durga Das and Ustad Bade Ghulam Ali Khan.
- They belongs to Guru Ki Wadali near Amritsar, which was the birth place of Shree Guru Hargobind Sahib Ji (The 6th Guru Of Sikhs).
- They tried to show their first performance in 1975 at the Harballabh Sangeet Sammelan in Jalandhar, but they weren’t allowed to sing because their appearance did not pass muster. After which, they performed their first show at the Harballabh temple in Jalandhar.
- In 2005, he was was given the prestigious Padma Shri award by the Government of India.
📢⚡TRENDING: URI is surging to become a Blockbuster, check the salary of Uri actors here⚡