|Real Name||Farhan Akhtar|
|Profession||Actor, Producer, Director, Screenwriter, Singer|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||in centimeters- 175 cm
in meters- 1.75 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 9”
|Weight||in Kilograms- 68 kg
in Pounds- 149 lbs
|Body Measurements||- Chest: 41 Inches
- Waist: 30 Inches
- Biceps: 14 Inches
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Date of Birth||9 January 1974|
|Age (as in 2017)||43 Years|
|Birth Place||Mumbai, Maharashtra India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Capricorn|
|Hometown||Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh (Settled in Mumbai)|
|School||Maneckji Cooper School, Mumbai|
|College||H.R. College of Commerce and Economics (he was dismissed from the college in 2nd year due to attendance shortage)|
|Educational Qualifications||High School|
|Debut||As a Director: Dil Chahta Hai (2001)
As an Actor: Rock On!! (2008)
|Family||Father- Javed Akhtar (lyricist and scriptwriter)
Mother- Honey Irani (Actress & screenwriter, Farhan's mother by birth), Shabana Azmi (stepmother)
Sister- Zoya Akhtar (elder, director & screenwriter)
|Best Friends||Hrithik Roshan, Ritesish Sidhwani (his business partner), Shahrukh Khan, Karan Johar|
|Religion||Atheist (doesn't believe in God)|
|Home Address||Sea Spring Bungalow No 1, B J Road, Bandstand, Mumbai - 400050|
|Hobbies||Collecting gadgets, Singing|
|Likes & Dislikes||Likes: witty jokes
Dislikes: religious talks
|Favourite Food||Homemade food, The classic Mumbai vada pao|
|Favourite Actor||Bollywood: Guru Dutt, Bimal Roy, Raj Kapoor, Vijay Anand
Hollywood: Robert Di Nero, Martin Scorsese, Ridley Scott, Woody Allen, Billy Wilder, Alfred Hitchcock
|Favourite Actress||Preity Zinta|
|Favourite Film||The Wizard of Oz (1939)|
|Favourite Sports||Football, Tennis|
|Favourite Colour||Not Known|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Adhuna Bhabani (Hair stylist)|
|Wife/Spouse||Adhuna Bhaabani (Separated)
|Marriage Date||In the year 2000|
Daughter: Shakya & Akira
|Cars Collection||Range Rover Red Edition, M350 CDI SUV|
|Salary||15 crore/film (INR)
|Net Worth||$15 million|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Farhan Akhtar
- Does Farhan Akhtar smoke?: No (He quit smoking a few years ago)
- Does Farhan Akhtar drink alcohol?: Yes
- His sister, Zoya revealed that Farhan is very good at lying.
- Farhan who is shining in Bollywood was once dismissed from HR College in the second year of his Commerce degree. Yes, Farhan Akhtar is not a graduate!
- Farhan wrote ‘Dil Chahta Hai‘ when his mother told him that she will throw him out of the house if he didn’t do anything with his life.
- His parents separated when he was too young. His father Javed Akhtar then got married to actress Shabana Azmi in 1984.
- He believes friends are the most important part of one’s life, this is why his most of the films are focused on the theme of friendship. He says his friends supported him a lot when his Father & mother got divorced.
- Farah Khan & Sajid Khan are his cousins.
- He started a campaign called MARD (Men Against Rape and Discrimination).
- His ex-wife Adhuna is seven years elder to him, they both dated for 3 years before getting married in 2000.
- He was the highest paid director of the world in the year 2015.
- He is afraid of cockroaches.