Hometown: Kunda, Pratapgarh, UP
Age: 54 Years
|Real Name||Raghuraj Pratap Singh|
|Political Journey||• In 1993, when he was only 26 years old, fought the MLA election and won it independently for the first time.
• In 1993 UP Government led by Kalyan Singh, he became Cabinet Minister.
• He was the Minister of Programme Implementation from 1997 until 1999.
• From 1999 to 2000, he received the portfolio of Sports and Youth Welfare.
• From 2004 to 2007 and from 2012 to 2017 he became the Minister of Food and Civil Supplies.
• After releasing from Jail in 2012, he became the Jail Minister under Akhilesh Yadav Government.
• He has been winning MLA seat from Kunda independently since 1993 regularly.
|Biggest Rival||Janki Sharan|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height(Approx.)||in centimeters- 182 cm
in meters- 1.82 m
in Feet Inches- 6’ 0”
|Weight(Approx.)||in Kilograms- 72 kg
in Pounds- 158 lbs
|Date of Birth||31 October 1968|
|Age (as of 2022)||54 Years|
|Birthplace||Kunda, Pratapgarh, India|
|Hometown||Kunda, Pratapgarh, UP|
|School||Mahaprabhu Bal Vidayalaya Narayni Asram Shivkuti, Allahabad,
Bharat Scout H.S. School
|College||Colonel Ganj Inter College Allahabad|
|Family||Father- Raja Uday Pratap Singh
Mother- Manjul Raje
|Hobbies||Horse Riding, Archery, Loving Pets, Riding Royal Enfield|
|Controversies||• In 2002, a FIR was lodged against Raja Bhaiya by a dissident Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) MLA Puran Singh Bundela of alleged kidnapping and threatening and got Raja Bhaiya arrested. Later he was sent to jail under Prevention of Terrorism Act (POTA), along with his father Uday Pratap Singh and cousin Akshay Pratap Singh.
• In 2003, When Mulayam Singh Yadav came to power, within 25 Minutes all POTA charges against him were dropped. However, the Supreme Court debarred the state government from dismissing POTA charges. Subsequently, he became a powerful man in the government and was accused by police officer R.S. Pandey (who led the raid on his house) of having launched a vendetta against him. Later R S Pandey was killed in road accident.
• Despite his pending criminal cases, he became the Minister for Food and Civil Supplies in 2004 UP Government.
• On 3 March 2013, DSP Zia Ul Haq was murdered during clashes between villagers and police in Kunda. In FIR, Parveen (DSP's Wife) has said her husband was murdered by the henchmen of Raja Bhaiyya. She named Gulshan Yadav, chairman of Kunda Nagar Panchayat, Harion Srivastava, a representative of Raja Bhaiyya and Guddu Singh, Raja Bhaiyya's driver as prime accused. Later on 1 August 2013, CBI gave the clean chit to Raja Bhaiya.
|Car||XUV, Pajero, Land Cruiser|
|Book||Rashmirathi (Ram Dhari Singh Dinkar)|
|Movies||The Magnificent Seven, Amar Prem, Ben-Hur, Saving Private Ryan|
|TV Shows||KBC, Nat Geo, History Channel, News|
|Quote||जेहि विधि नाथ होहि हित मोरा |
करहू सो बेगि दास मैं तोरा ||
|Girls, Affairs and More|
Note: On 10 April 2023, Raja Bhaiya filed for divorce on the grounds of mental cruelty and desertion against his wife, Bhanvi Kumari. India Today
|Marriage Date||Year, 1995|
|Children||Sons- Shivraj singh, Brijraj Singh (twins)
Daughters- Brijeshwari, Radhavi
|Car Collections||• Range Rover Autobiography
• Range Rover Defender
|Salary||1.25 Lakh INR/Month|
|Net Worth (approx.)||7 Crore INR|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Raghuraj Pratap Singh
- Does Raghuraj Pratap Singh smoke?: Not Known
- Does Raghuraj Pratap Singh drink alcohol?: Not Known
- Raghuraj Pratap Singh alias Raja Bhaiya was born in Bhadri Estate.
- His grandfather Raja Bajrang Bahadur Singh was the founder and vice-chancellor of Pant Nagar Agriculture University, Uttarakhand and later the second governor of Himachal Pradesh state.
- Raghuraj is the only person in his clan to enter politics.
- He feared his father Uday Pratap Singh very much in his childhood.
- Raja Bhaiya fights election independently and he is undefeated by now.
- He loves to fly aircraft too. He flies aircraft without any permission. In an accident, he was almost dead.
- During Babri Mosque Demolition, he was disdained by Mulayam Singh Yadav accusing his participation in riots.