|Real Name||Rahul Bhatia|
|Famous For||Being the Co-Founder of IndiGo Airlines|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 175 cm
in meters- 1.75 m
in feet inches- 5’ 9”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 80 kg
in pounds- 175 lbs
|Date of Birth||18 December 1955|
|Age (as in 2018)||62 Years|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Sagittarius|
|Hometown||New Delhi, India|
|College/University||University of Waterloo|
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor in Engineering|
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||• Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award: 2010
• Economic Times Entrepreneur of the Year Award: 2011
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Wife/Spouse||Name Not Known|
|Children||Son- Arunanshu Bhatia
Daughter- Avantika Bhatia
|Parents||Father- Kapil Bhatia (Executive Chairman of InterGlobe Enterprises Limited)
Mother- Name Not Known
|Favourite Holiday Destination||British Columbia, Canada|
|Net Worth (approx.)||₹21,000 Crore ($3.1 Billion)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Rahul Bhatia
- Does Rahul Bhatia smoke ?: Not Known
- Does Rahul Bhatia drink alcohol?: Not Known
- His father had a small airline representation firm, Delhi Express with 9 partners.
- He initially wanted to do PhD and become a teacher.
- As a student at the University of Waterloo, Rahul worked with IBM for 2 years. He was involved in a project to establish a fully automated screen manufacturing plant.
- He has also worked for United Airlines in the Information Technology Department. It was here, he met Rakesh Gangwal (Co-Founder of IndiGo) in the airlines’ head-office in Chicago.
- While he was in Canada, his father’s travel agency fell into trouble.
- He then came back to India and started his own company InterGlobe Enterprises, dealing with air transport management, in 1989.
- Rahul then ventured into many businesses prominently in the hospitality and travel sectors.
- In 2001, United Airlines was the biggest client of his company InterGlobe. After 9/11, United Airlines stopped flights to India over security concerns. This was a big blow to his company as there was a lot of investment riding on the United Airlines Operations. He didn’t let go of a single employee even in that difficult circumstance.
- In 2004, he established the InterGlobe Hotel with French hospitality group “Accor.”
- Rahul and his father always wanted to start an airline. They persuaded Rakesh Gangwal for many years to co-found an airline, but he was sceptical about it. One evening, on a dinner, Rakesh agreed to the idea and co-founded the IndiGo airlines with Rahul, which commenced in August 2006.
- IndiGo ordered 100 Airbus A320-200 in June 2005. The first aircraft was received on 28 July 2006, and on 4 August 2006, IndiGo took its first flight from New Delhi to Guwahati.
- On 26 April 2018, he became the Interim Chief Executive Officer of InterGlobe Aviation Limited after Aditya Ghosh resigned from the position.
📢⚡TRENDING: URI is surging to become a Blockbuster, check the salary of Uri actors here⚡