Some Lesser Known Facts About Ratan Tata
- Does Ratan Tata smoke?: Not Known
- Does Ratan Tata drink alcohol?: Not Known
- His father, Naval Tata, was adopted by the wife of Ratanji Tata- Navajbai Tata.
- When his parents separated in the mid-1940s, he was raised by his grand-mother- Navajbai Tata.
- He joined Tata Group in 1961 and his 1st job was to shovel limestone & handle blast furnace.
- He became Chairman of Tata Group in 1991 when J. R. D. Tata named him as his successor.
- His Chairmanship brought laurels to Tata Group and its revenues increased by 40 times while its profit grew by 50 times.
- Ratan Tata’s business skills transformed Tata Group from a local brand to a global conglomerate.
- On 23 March 2009, he launched his dream car- Tata Nano and it was considered as world’s cheapest car priced at 1 lakh Indian Rupees.
- On 28 December 2008, he appointed Cyrus Mistry as his successor.
- He is a trained pilot and on 8 February 2007, he became the 1st Indian to fly F-16.
📢⚡TRENDING: Goa CM, Manohar Parrikar passes away, Read his Biography