|Real Name||Rajat Kapoor|
|Profession||Actor, Writer, Director, Producer|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 180 cm
in meters- 1.80 m
in feet inches- 5’ 11”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 70 kg
in pounds- 154 lbs
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Date of Birth||11 February 1961|
|Age (as in 2017)||56 Years|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Aquarius|
|College/University||Film and Television Institute of India, Pune|
|Educational Qualification||Not Known|
|Debut||Acting: Khayal Gatha (1989)
Direction: Raghu Romeo (2003)
Screenwriting: Private Detective: Two Plus Two Plus One (1997)
Production: Raat Gayi, Baat Gayi? (2009)
|Family||Father- Not Known
Mother- Not Known
Brother- Rajneesh Kapoor (Stand Up Comedian)
Sister- Not Known
|Controversy||In 2018, during the MeToo campaign, three women accused him of misconduct and two of them have even leveled the allegations of sexual harassment.|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Wife/Spouse||Meenal Aggarwal, Photographer- production designer (m. 1996-present)
|Children||Son- Vivan Kapoor
Daughter- Rabia Kapoor
Some Lesser Known Facts About Rajat Kapoor
- Does Rajat Kapoor smoke?: Not Known
- Does Rajat Kapoor drink alcohol?: Not Known
- At just 14, Rajat had made his mind to be a filmmaker.
- He joined the theatre group ‘Chingari’ in Delhi in 1983.
- Rajat then moved to Pune to attend Film and Television Institute of India in 1985.
- Before making a complete onscreen appearance in ‘Khayal Gatha’ in 1989, he was seen as the son of a politician in a 1983 film ‘Mandi.’
- Amir Khan, Akshay Khanna, and Saif Ali Khan starrer ‘Dil Chahta Hai’ gave him the big mainstream break in the Hindi film industry.
- He literally had to send emails to his friends to raise funds for his first directorial film ‘Raghu Romeo.’ It took him more than three years to clear the debt that he had collected through those emails, because of the film that died a quiet death at the box-office. The film though had won National Award for ‘Best feature film in Hindi,’ and also a screening at the Piazza Grande section.
- Then in 2005, he came with his film ‘Mixed Doubles,’ which was about a couple who deals with swinging or wife swapping as popularly called. The film was yet another flop, but Rajat, this time had got lesser to worry, because he had a financier behind him for the project.
- Apart from the one for Raghu Romeo, he has been awarded the National Award twice; one for ‘Tarana,’ his twenty six minute non-feature documentary, and the second for his short film, ‘Hypnothesis.’
📢⚡TRENDING: List of IPL Winners (2008-2018)