Rajesh Jais Age, Wife, Family, Biography & More
Hometown: Ranchi, Jharkhand
Education: Post Graduate Course In English Journalism
Age: 53 Years
|Profession(s)||TV & Film Actor, Theatre Artist|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Rajesh Jais’ Official Website Height||in centimeters- 171 cm
in meters- 1.71 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 8”
|Rajesh Jais’ Official Website Weight||in kilograms- 69 kg
in pounds- 152 lbs
|Eye Colour||Grey Green|
|Hair Colour||Salt & Pepper|
|Debut||Film (Hindi): Oh Darling Yeh Hai India (1995) as Eunuch
TV: Main Vi Detective
|Awards||• 2016: Bollywood on AIR Awards & Rewards
• 2017: Best Supporting Actor at Hissar Film Festival for the film Brina
• 2018: Best Supporting Actor at Rajasthan International Film Festival for the film Kareem Mohammed
• 2018: Best Supporting Actor award fat JIFFA for the film Ajab Singh ki Ghazab Kahani
• 2019: Best Actor at Rajasthan International Film Festival for the film The Last Supper & Gandhi The Mahatma
• 2020: Best Acting Ensemble at the Hollywood Blood Horror Festival for the film Dhumkkudiya
|Date of Birth||6 September 1969 (Saturday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||53 Years|
|School(s)||• Government School in Kantatoli in Ranchi, Jharkhand
• Middle School Shradhanand Seva Ashram and Gauri Dutt Mandelia High School in Ranchi, Jharkhand
|College/University||• Marwari College, Ranchi
• Indian Institute of Mass Communication (IIMC, JNU, New Delhi)
• National School of Drama, New Delhi
|Educational Qualification(s)||• Graduation at Marwari College, Ranchi
• Postgraduate Course in English Journalism at the Indian Institute of Mass Communication (IIMC, JNU, New Delhi) (1988)
• Post Graduate Diploma Course in Acting at the National School of Drama, New Delhi (1998-1991) Rajesh Jais’ Official Website Rajesh Jais’ Official Website
|Relationships & More|
|Children||Son(s)- Ahaan Jais and Vyaan Jais
|Parents||His father was in the Indian Airforce. His parents were associated with the theatre group Minoo Mumtaz.|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Rajesh Jais
- Rajesh Jais is an Indian actor and theatre artist, who mainly plays supporting roles in Hindi films and TV serials. In 1994, he played the role of Nanu in the Hindi TV serial ‘Shanti’ (1994); aired on DD National.
- While he was in school, he began his training in NCC as an Airforce Cadet and Scout. While he was studying in college, he did an Airforce Attachment Course, under which he trained in no. 02 Bihar Air Squadron NCC, Ranchi. He also did courses like Vayu Sainik course, Gliding, Aero-Modelling, Gun’s shootings, 22 Rifle, 303 Rifle, Light Machine Gun (LMG), 12 Bore Double Barrel Gun, .38 Revolver, and Camping.
- In 1981, Jais commanded the contingent to the then Prime Minister of India Indira Gandhi at BIT, Mesra in Ranchi. He also received President’s Scout from then President of India Morarji Desai.
- Rajesh is trained in Indian classical music under his guru Vinod Pathak.
- From 1987 to 1988, he worked with All India Radio’s Yuvwani programme as an announcer.
- He once worked as a journalist for the Indian newspaper Ranchi Express. Later, he worked as a freelance journalist in a few Hindi and English newspapers.
- Rajesh was featured in the TV commercials of various brands like Saffola, Dollar, Whirlpool, and Pepsodent Toothbrush.
- He qualified for the National Eligibility Test (NET) of the University Grants Commission (UGC) for a fellowship in PhD and lectureship in 1992. Later, he qualified for Asstt. Commandant in Coast Guard and Lieutenant in Territorial Army.
- After completing his graduation, he worked as an accountant at a tailor’s shop. Meanwhile, he also used to take tuition classes for school students.
- Under the guidance of his professor Ajay Malkani, he worked in theatre plays like Mughal E Azam, Summer Folk, Yahudi Ki Ladki, Hiroshima My Love, and Different Stories.
- In 1994, he appeared in the Hindi TV serial ‘Shanti.’ Initially, he was offered the role of a peon in the serial, but he asked the makers to cast him in some other role. In an interview, while talking about it, he said,
On the very first day of Shanti’s shoot, when I went on the sets, I was dressed as a peon. An assistant came and asked me to have a shot while giving me a glass of water. I went to the director Adi Pocha and said that I will not play the role of a peon. I will do this role in the beginning, then I will always be typecast in the same role. They say that you do five episodes, then your role will be something else. Then I became Nanu Jasoos.”
- Rajesh has played supporting roles in various Hindi TV serials like ‘Kya Mast Hai Life’ (2009; Disney Channel), ‘Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon’ (2011; Star Plus), ‘Shastri Sisters’ (2014; Colors), and ‘Crime Patrol’ (2015; Sony).
- Some of his Hindi films as an actor are ‘Gandhi The Mahatma’ (2010), ‘Sonu Ke Titu Ki Sweety’ (2018), ‘Kalank’ (2019), ‘Indoo Ki Jawani’ (2020), and ‘Tu Jhoothi Main Makkaar’ (2023).
- He was honoured with an Honorary Doctorate from the National Virtual University for Peace and Education in 2018.
- In 2019, he appeared in the Nagpuri film ‘Dhumkkudiya.’
- He has also acted in a few Hindi short films such as ‘The Last Supper’ (2020), ‘Kuchch Sapne Udhaar Ke’ (2021), and ‘Unresolved’ (2021).
- Rajesh Jais has appeared in Hindi web series like ‘Panchayat’ (2020; Amazon Prime Video), ‘Paatal Lok’ (2020; Amazon Prime Video), ‘Scam 1992’ (2020; SonyLIV), ‘Jehanabad – Of Love & War’ (2023; SonyLIV), and ‘SK Sir Ki Class’ (2023; TVF).
- In one of the editions of Aesthetics International magazine, he was featured on the cover page.
- As of 2023, he is one of the members of Jharkhand Film Development Corporation Limited.
- In an interview, he shared that he was spiritual and practised spirituality for his enlightenment and soulful living.
- According to his Facebook account, his favourite quote was simple living, high thinking.
- Rajesh was once invited to the talk show Josh Talks as a guest speaker.
|↑1, ↑2||Rajesh Jais’ Official Website|
|↑3||Rajesh Jais’ Official Website|
|↑4||Rajesh Jais’ Official Website|