Age: 36 Years
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.70 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 7”
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Hair Colour||Light Ash Brown|
|Debut||As an Actor
Film: Maheshinte Prathikaaram (2016) (Malayalam) as a cycle boy
As an Assistant Director
Film: Thondimuthalum Driksakshiyum (2017) (Malayalam)
Note: In 2022, Rajesh Madhavan announced his first venture into directing with the film 'Pennum Porattam.'
|Award||September 2023: Best Comedian (Malayalam) Award at the South Indian International Movie Awards (SIIMA), held at the Dubai World Trade Centre, UAE
|Date of Birth||1 November 1986 (Saturday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||36 Years|
|Birthplace||Kolathur village (also spelt as Kolthur) in Kasaragod, Kerala, India|
|School||G. H. S. S. Kundamkuzhy, Kerala (2007)|
|Educational Qualification||Master's degree in visual media|
|Food Habit||Non-vegetarian Rajesh Madhavan - Instagram|
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Father- Madhavan (labourer)
Mother- Ratnavathi (homemaker)
Note: Image is in parents section.
Some Lesser Known Facts About Rajesh Madhavan
- Rajesh Madhavan is an Indian actor and director who predominantly works in Malayalam films. His notable performances can be seen in films like ‘Android Kunjappan Ver 5.25’ (2019), ‘Minnal Murali’ (2021), and ‘Prappeda’ (Hawk’s Muffin) (2022).
- Madhavan, in an interview, talked about his college years and mentioned that his father envisioned him pursuing an MBA; however, the final stage of admission, which involved an interview, proved challenging for him due to his lack of proficiency in English. Vanitha
- Upon securing a master’s degree in visual media, Madhavan entered the television industry; he appeared in some television shows and commercials.
- Rajesh ventured into the Malayalam film industry as an assistant director. He worked as a casting director for some films as well such as ‘Jump Cuts: An Anthology and of Shorts’ (2019) and ‘Madappally United’ (2021). He worked as a chief casting director for the film ‘Nna Thaan Case Kodu’ in 2022.
- He later started working as an actor in Malayalam films. In 2015, he appeared as ‘Vinu’ in the science fiction comedy-drama film, ‘Android Kunjappan Version 5.25.’
His role as ‘Shankaran Namboodiri’ in the satirical comedy film ‘Madanolsavam’ (2023) earned him great appreciation. Madhavan worked in many other films including ‘Nna Thaan Case Kodu’ (2022), ‘Christy’ (2023), and ‘Kallanum Bhagavathiyum’ (2023).
- Rajesh once had the opportunity to star in a short film directed by his friend Ravi Kumar. In an interview, he shared a story related to this project. Unnimaya Prasad, the wife of the renowned Indian scriptwriter Syam Pushkaran, worked as an associate director on the short film. After viewing the film, Pushkaran was so impressed that he approached Rajesh about a potential acting role while co-writing the script for ‘Rani Padmini.’ As the story unfolded, Pushkaran and his team felt Rajesh would be an excellent fit and went on to cast him in the 2015 Malayalam film ‘Rani Padmini.’ Onmanorama
- Rajesh Madhavan has appeared in many theatrical productions, which include ‘A Very Normal Family,’ a dark comedy theatrical production directed by Roshan Mathew. He played the role of ‘Maheshinte Prathikaaram’ in the play. This production premiered at Nishagandhi Auditorium as part of the Mathrubhumi International Festival of Letters in Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala. The Hindu
- Madhavan never aspired to be part of the film industry. In an interview, he said that his deep-rooted love for theatre naturally inclined him towards the arts. This inherent passion for artistic expression likely served as the catalyst, propelling him into the film industry. Onmanorama
- Madhavan, in an interview, discussed public perceptions of his physique. He acknowledged that some might question his lean figure’s suitability for a career in acting; however, he held an unwavering stance, expressing no self-consciousness regarding his physical form. He firmly believes that his body type does not pose a hindrance to his journey towards success. Onmanorama
- Rajesh often receives compliments for his expressive eyes. In an interview, talked about this and said that he does not accentuate his gaze to draw attention. Madhavan further credited the skill of conveying emotions through his eyes to the extensive training he underwent as a theatre artist. Onmanorama
- In May 2023, Rajesh Madhavan’s post sparked a flurry of excitement throughout social media. This intriguing post consisted of a video featuring Rajesh and actress Chithra Nair with the title ‘Save the Date.’ The caption of the post read, ‘It’s official :).’ Another post by Rajeev swiftly ignited speculation and anticipation among followers as the post appeared to showcase a wedding invitation card, suggesting that Rajesh and Chithra were preparing to get married.