|Profession(s)||Actor, Singer, Entrepreneur|
|Famous Role||'Charlie' in the Malayalam film "Charlie" (2015)
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 175 cm
in meters- 1.75 m
in feet inches- 5’ 9”
|Debut||Film (Malayalam): Second Show (2012) as Harilal "Lalu"
Film (Tamil): Vaayai Moodi Pesavum (2014) as Aravind
Film (Bollywood): Karwan (2018) as Avinash
|Awards, Honours||• Asiavision Award for Best Newcomer for the film “Second Show” (2012)
• Filmfare Award South for Best Debut- Male for the film “Second Show” (2013)
• Asianet Film Award for Star of the Year (2014)
• South Indian International Movie Award for Best Debut (Male) for the film “Vaayai Moodi Pesavum” (2015)
• Kerala State Film Award for Best Actor for the film “Charlie” (2016)
• Behindwoods Gold Wall of Famers for Best Performer for the film “Kali” and “Kammatipaadam” (2017)
|Date of Birth||28 July 1986 (Monday)|
|Age (as in 2019)||33 Years|
|Birthplace||Kochi, Kerala, India|
|Hometown||Kochi, Kerala, India|
|School||• Toc-H Public School, Kochi
• Sishya School, Chennai
|College/University||• Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana, USA
• Barry John Acting Studio, Mumbai
|Educational Qualification(s)||•Bachelor of Business Management (BBM)
•3 Months acting course
|Hobbies||Singing, Watching Films, Travelling|
|Tattoo||On Left Forearm: Black Stripes
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||22 December 2011|
|Wife/Spouse||Amal Sufiya (architect)
|Parents||Father- Mammootty (Actor, Producer)
Mother- Sulfath Kutty (Homemaker)
Sister- Kutty Surumi (elder)
|Favourite Actors||Rajinikanth, Pawan Kalyan, Mahesh Babu|
|Favourite Director||Mani Ratnam|
|Favourite Superheros||Ironman, Batman|
|Favourite Holiday Destination||London|
|Favourite Films||Manam (2014), Magadheera (2009)|
- Dulquer Salmaan was born to the popular actor Mammootty and his wife Sulfath Kutty in Kochi.
- Dulquer had a deep interest in film direction from a very young age. When he was 12 years old, he used to make short films by taking his father’s camera.
- After completing his graduation, Dulquer worked at a reputed firm in the US as a Business Manager.
- He then relocated to Dubai, where he did an IT-related business for some time.
- Thereafter, he returned to India and did a three months course in acting from Barry John Acting Studio in Mumbai.
- He started his acting career in 2012 by playing the role of Harilal/Lalu in the Malayalam film “Second Show.” He received a Filmfare Award for Best Male Debut for his performance in the film.
- In 2014, Dulquer appeared in the romantic drama “Bangalore Days,” which was one of the highest-grossing Malayalam films till date.
- In 2018, he made his acting debut in Bollywood with the film “Karwan” in which he played the role of ‘Avinash.’
- In 2019, Salmaan starred in the Bollywood film “The Zoya Factor” opposite Sonam Kapoor.
Sponsored View this post on Instagram
Luck won’t stay for too long, but hard work will always pay off! Watch luck battle it out with hard work featuring Zoya and Nikhil in cinemas on 20th Sep. #TheZoyaFactor. @sonamkapoor #AbhishekSharma @pooja__shetty @aartishetty @foxstarhindi @ad_labsfilms @angadbedi @sanjaykapoor2500 @sikandarkher
- He also acted in a short film as part of the Kerala Motor Vehicle department’s safe riding campaign.
- Dulquer was also a part of the Chennai Gives initiative and donated 150 items that included clothing, shoes, books, school supplies and crockery items.
- Apart from being an actor, he is also a singer and has sung many songs like Johnny Mone Johnny from the Malayalam film ABCD: American-Born Confused Desi (2013).
- He owns a car-trading web portal and a dental business chain in Chennai.
- He is also the director of the Bangalore-based ‘Motherhood Hospital’.
- Dulquer has a huge love for cars and bikes since his childhood.
- He was very scared of dogs when he was a kid but gradually started liking them as he grew up. He has a pet dog named Honey.
- Salmaan told in an interview that despite graduating in Business Management, he made his career in acting as he felt that after working as a Business Manager, his life had become monotonous and routine.
- He told in an interview that his name is a combination of the names of two warriors. Reportedly, his name has a reference to Alexander, The Great.