Hometown: Shimla, Himachal Pradesh
Education: Graduation In International Business
Father: Siddharth Raj Luthra
|Other Name||Saloni Luthra Instagram - Salony Luthra|
|Profession(s)||Actor, Theatre Artist|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 165 cm
in meters- 1.65 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 5”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 55 kg
in pounds- 121 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||34-28-34|
|Debut||Film (Tamil): Sarabham (2014) as Shruti Chandrasekar & Sanjana Chandrasekar
|Awards||• 2014: Best Villain-Female at Ananda Vikatan Cinema Awards for the Telugu film Sarabham
• 2017: Best Actress at the 6th Bangalore Short Film Festival for Kajal
|Date of Birth||11 June|
|Birthplace||Shimla, Himachal Pradesh|
|Hometown||Shimla, Himachal Pradesh|
|College/University||A university in London, UK|
|Educational Qualification||Graduation in International Business The Times of India|
|Ethnicity||Punjabi Facebook - Salony Luthra|
|Food Habit||Non-Vegetarian Instagram - Salony Luthra|
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Father- Siddharth Raj Luthra
Mother- Name Not Known
|Siblings||She has a younger brother.|
|Actor(s)||Will Smith, Ranbir Kapoor, Mahesh Babu|
|Film Director||Mani Ratnam|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Salony Luthra
- Salony Luthra is an Indian actress and theatre artist. She mainly works in Tamil and Telugu films.
- She grew up in New Delhi, India.
- She started her career as a theatre artist and worked in various theatre plays and stage shows.
- In an interview, Salony revealed that although she was a non-smoker, she had to smoke a few cigarettes to get into the role of a drug addict for the 2014 Tamil film ‘Sarabham.’ Business Standard She said,
It (smoking) was not my cup of tea but in order to showcase the different shades of the two non-identical roles I played, I had to get the hang of smoking.”
- Salony played the role of a blind girl in the Tamil short film ‘Oliyum Oliyum’ (2016). The short film premiered at Chicago South Asian Film Festival in 2017.
- She appeared in the Hindi short film ‘Kajal’ in 2017. The film was premiered at the New York Indian Film Festival. Her performance in the film was appreciated by the critics and audience.
- In the same year, she performed in the theatre play ‘No Time for Love’ at Gaiety Theatre, Shimla.
- She gained immense popularity with her role in a Hindi theatre play which was based on the novel Blackbird by David Harrower. The play was directed by Himanshu Kohli and Prashant Kumar.
- In 2015, she was featured on the cover of Cinemaspice magazine.
- In 2018, she appeared in Hollywood films like ‘Turned Out’ and ‘Forbidden.’ In the same year, her film ‘Forbidden’ was premiered at the New York Indian Film Festival.
- She has also been featured in the TV commercial for Bluestone.
- In 2020, Salony acted in the Telugu film ‘Bhanumathi Ramakrishna.’
- In her leisure time, she loves to do meditation, cook different cuisines, travel, and do adventure sports. She is also a certified scuba diver.
- She regularly workouts at a gym to maintain her fitness.
- Her looks are often compared with the Hollywood actress Angelina Jolie. Her fans call her Angelina Jolie of Tamil cinema.
- Salony has a self-titled YouTube channel on which she uploads her cooking videos. She has around 622 subscribers on her YouTube channel.
- In an interview, Salony shared that she never wanted to become an actor. In childhood, she wanted to become an ice cream seller or a travel explorer.