|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 158 cm
in meters- 1.58 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 2”
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Hair Colour||Salt & Pepper|
• Tamil: Server Sundaram (1964) as Radha’s friend (dancer)
• Telugu: Chilaka Gorinka (1966) as 'Shashi'
• Hindi: Do Phool (1973) as 'Rukmini'
|Awards||2002: Nandi Award for Best Female Comedian for the film ‘Lahiri Lahiri Lahirilo’|
|Date of Birth||5 October 1946 (Saturday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||76 Years|
|Birthplace||Kadiri, Anantapur district, Andhra Pradesh, India|
|Food Habit||Non-vegetarian Ramaprabha Prayanam - YouTube|
|Relationships & More|
|Marital Status||Divorced The Times of India|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Sarath Babu (actor) (deceased) News 18
|Marriage Date||Year, 1974|
|Husband/Spouse||Sarath Babu (actor) (m. 1974; div.1988) (deceased) The Times of India
Note: While some sources claim that Rama Prabha was married to Sarath Babu, some reports suggest that they were in a romantic relationship but never married. News 18 (Image is in Affairs/Boyfriends section.)
• Gowtham (from Sarath Babu)
• Kavya (from Sarath Babu)
• Vijaya Chamundeswari (adopted)
Some Lesser Known Facts About Rama Prabha
- Rama Prabha is an Indian actor who mainly works in the South Indian film industry. She has earned recognition through her roles in films like ‘Do Phool’ (1973) (Hindi), ‘Ganesh’ (1998) (Telugu), and ‘Vasantha Mullai’ (2023) (Tamil).
- She belongs to a middle-class family.
- When Rama was just a month old, her paternal aunt adopted her and moved to Ooty. Her upbringing was largely shaped by her paternal aunt’s influence in Ooty and later in Madras (now Chennai).
- Rama reportedly married actor Sarath Babu in 1974; however, they divorced in 1988. According to some sources, the couple chose to marry despite their families’ objections.
- While some sources claim that Rama and Sarath were married, there are reports that suggest that despite their romantic involvement, the pair never got married. As per sources, Rama and Sarath had a romantic relationship which lasted over a decade. According to these sources, Rama and Sarath shared a romantic relationship that spanned over ten years. They are said to have initially met through a common friend, fostering a strong bond that eventually turned romantic in 1974. The couple reportedly lived together for about 14 to 15 years, but despite this long-standing relationship, they never exchanged marriage vows. Over time, their relationship turned bitter, leading to their separation in 1988. News 18 Sarath, on the other hand, talked about his relationship with Rama, in an interview, and said,
I married the daughter of Tamil actor MN Nambiar (Snehalatha is her name) many years ago. It was my first marriage. The media calls some other woman (Rama Prabha) as my ex-wife. Let me tell you that we were never married. Our relationship has no name.”
- Following their separation, Rama Prabha levelled accusations against Sarath Babu, claiming he had deceived her and seized all of her properties in Chennai. Responding to these allegations, in an interview, Sarath Babu dismissed them as unfounded, asserting that he had never appropriated any property from her. The Times of India He said,
I was born with a silver spoon and it was K Balachander who introduced me as a hero. Hence, I do not have the necessity to extort other’s properties as I myself had sufficient properties in my name.”
He added that he bought a property in Chennai for Rama and even spent over Rs. 1 to 2 lakhs for one of her house’s renovations when they were in a relationship. Sarath said,
When we were in a relationship, a house in Alwarpet is all that she had. Another house in Egmore Benefit Society was under a financial issue. I later came to know that she got one of those houses from her first husband. I had sold my agricultural land back then, which was worth Rs 60 Crore today and had bought an independent house for her in Umapathy Street, Chennai. I had also spent over Rs 1 to 2 lakhs for her old house’s renovation back then.”
- In the 1970s and 1980s, Rama Prabha and comedian Raja Babu became a much-acclaimed on-screen duo in Telugu cinema. The audience warmly received their collaborations, leading them to establish a noteworthy presence in the industry. Their engaging performances and exceptional comedic rapport were highlights of their partnership.
- Rama went on to make a name for herself in the South Indian film industry and worked in films like ‘Kalakalappu 2’ (2018) (Tamil), ‘Aaradugula Bullet’ (2021) (Telugu), and ‘Good Luck Sakhi’ (2022) (Telugu).
- Rama manages a YouTube channel called ‘Ramaprabha Prayanam.’ On this platform, she shares her varied passions, which include activities like cooking and gardening.