Age: 39 Years
Education: B.Sc. In Physics & B.Ed.
|Profession||Civil Servant (IAS Officer)|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 175 cm
in meters- 1.75 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 9”
|Hair Colour||Salt & Pepper|
|Service||Indian Administrative Service (IAS)|
|Major Designations||• Assistant Collector (Junior Scale) at Bilaspur, Chhattisgarh (25 April 2013)
• SDO (Junior Scale) at Kanker, Chhattisgarh (14 August 2014-3 September 2015)
• Under Secy (Junior Scale) at School Edu Deptt, Raipur
• Chief Executive Officer at Panchayats Deptt (1 January 2016)
• Fifth collector in Surajpur, Chhattisgarh (2020)
|Date of Birth||7 September 1981 (Monday)|
|Age (as of 2020)||39 Years|
|College/University||• M D University Rohtak, Haryana
• University of Delhi
|Educational Qualification(s)||• B.Sc. in Physics
• B.Ed. Supremo
|Controversies||• He was accused in a bribe case in 2015, and as per the media sources, he took a bribe of Rs. 10,000 in Bhanupratappur, Chhattisgarh from a patwari. Later, he was transferred to the state secretariat in Raipur after the actThe Times of India
• In May 2021, Ranbir Sharma's video went viral on social media in which he was seen slapping a man and smashing his phone on the ground for violating the COVID-19 protocols, and Ranbir was dismissed from his services for his misbehaviour. Later, he shared an apology video. He said,
"The boy first said he is going for vaccination, however, he showed a receipt that wasn’t related to vaccination. He then said he is going to meet his grandmother. I slapped him in the heat of the moment. I never had any intention to disrespect or belittle the person in the video. In this pandemic situation, district Surajpur along with the entire Chhattisgarh state has been facing the irreparable loss of lives. We all employees of the state government are striving hard to tackle this problem.” OP India
Some Lesser Known Facts About Ranbir Sharma (IAS)
- Ranbir Sharma is an IAS officer who passed out of the 2012 batch, Chhattisgarh cadre.
- He underwent training (Junior Scale) at LBSNAA Mussoorie between 3 September 2012 and 25 April 2013.
- He was designated as Assistant Collector (Junior Scale) at Bilaspur, Chhattisgarh on 25 April 2013.
- From 14 August 2014 to 3 September 2015, he was designated as the SDO (Junior Scale) at Kanker, Chhattisgarh.
- Later, he was appointed as the Under Secy (Junior Scale) at School Edu Deptt, Raipur.
- Ranbir Sharma served as the Chief Executive Officer at Panchayats Department on 1 January 2016.
- He was appointed as the fifth collector in Surajpur, Chhattisgarh, in May 2020 during the COVID-19 pandemic..
- In May 2021, he was suspended from his services for slapping a man who was violating the protocols of COVID-19.