|Full Name||Athar Aamir-ul-Shafi Khan|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 178 cm
in meters- 1.78 m
in feet inches- 5’ 10”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 72 kg
in pounds- 159 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||- Chest: 40 Inches
- Waist: 32 Inches
- Biceps: 12 Inches
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Date of Birth||5 September 1992|
|Age (as in 2018)||26 Years|
|Birth Place||Devipora, Mattan, Anantnag district, Jammu & Kashmir, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Virgo|
|Hometown||Anantnag, Jammu & Kashmir, India|
|School(s)||Evergreen Public School at Devipora village, Anantnag
Iqbal Memorial Institute, Anantnag
Biscoe School, Srinagar
Tyndale Biscoe School, Srinagar
|College||IIT Mandi, Himachal Pradesh|
|Educational Qualification||B.Tech in Electrical Engineering|
|Family||Father- Mohammad Shafi Khan (Teacher)
Mother- Not Known (Homemaker)
Brother- 1 (Younger)
Sisters- 2 (Younger)
|Hobbies||Writing poetry, Reading, Running, Travelling
|Favourite Actor(s)||Akshay Kumar, Amitabh Bachchan, Vin Diesel|
|Favourite Actress||Ashley Tisdale|
|Favourite Film(s)||Gladiator, Harry Potter series, A Walk To Remember, Paranormal Activity, The Dark Knight, The Godfather
|Favourite Singer||Selena Gomez|
|Favourite Cricketer||Sachin Tendulkar|
|Favourite TV Show(s)||Indian: Satyamev Jayate
American: Man vs. Wild, Two and a Half Men
|Favourite Book(s)||The Argumentative Indian by Amartya Sen, Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer, The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde, Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare|
|Favourite Author(s)||J.K. Rowling, Dan Brown
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Affair/Girlfriend||Tina Dabi (IAS Officer)|
|Wife/Spouse||Tina Dabi (m. 2018-present)
|Marriage Date(s)||20 March 2018 (Court marriage)
7 April 2018 (Religious marriage rituals)
|Marriage Place||Jaipur, Rajasthan (Court marriage)
Pahalgam Club, Pahalgam, Kashmir (Religious marriage rituals)
|Salary (as in 2018)||₹56100/month + other allowances (Junior IAS Officer)|
- Does Athar Aamir Khan smoke?: No
- Does Athar Aamir Khan drink alcohol?: Not Known
- Athar has been a brilliant student from his school days. Despite having local issues, terrorism, he never lost his interest and focus in studies.
- In 2007, he was awarded the ‘Best Young Scientist’ award when he participated in the National Children’s Science Congress.
- After doing his schooling, he appeared in many engineering entrance examinations, and cleared almost all of them and got settled with IIT – Mandi.
- When he was doing his IIT, he came to know about Shah Faesal getting All India Rank – 1 in the UPSC Civil Services Examination, which motivated him to go for an IAS exam.
- Also, by reading Humanities subjects in B.Tech, he developed an interest in the IAS.
- In 2014, he had cleared a railways exam and was offered a job in the Indian Railway Traffic Service (IRTS). Instead of accepting the offer, he joined the IAS training.
- He took Geography as his main subject for IAS.
- In 2016, he cracked the Civil Services Examination (UPSC 2015) with 2nd rank (1st was Tina Dabi), in his very first attempt, and secured 1018 marks out of 2025 (50.27%).
- He is the 2nd Kashmiri to top an IAS exam, after Shah Faesal who topped the IAS exam in 2009.
- For IAS aspirants, he recommends the book ‘Concrete Economics: The Hamilton Approach to Economic Growth and Policy’ by Stephen S. Cohen and J. Bradford DeLong.
- Aamir and Tina first met in 2015 at the IAS felicitation ceremony at the DoPT office in Delhi and fell in love during their IAS training at Lal Bahadur Shastri National Academy for Administration in Mussoorie.
- While undergoing their training at Lal Bahadur Shastri National Academy for Administration, they took a trip to Netherlands, Paris, and Rome.
- He had opted for Jammu & Kashmir cadre as his 1st preference as he wanted to work for the underdeveloped state. But, the vacancies in underdeveloped cadre were already allocated, after which he got the Rajasthan cadre which was his 2nd preference.
📢⚡TRENDING: Goa CM, Manohar Parrikar passes away, Read his Biography