Ravi Katpadi (Social Worker) Age, Wife, Biography & More
Hometown: Udupi, Karnataka
Marital Status: Unmarried
Age: 37 Years
|Profession(s)||Construction worker, social worker|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 168 cm
in meters- 1.68 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 6”
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||• Rajyotsava Award in 2017
• Yuva Seva Award
• 6th Moolathva Vishwa Award in 2020
|Date of Birth||Year, 1983|
|Age (as of 2020)||37 Years|
|Relationships & More|
|Salary (approx.)||Rs. 450-550/day The News Minute|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Ravi Katpadi
- Ravi Katpadi is a construction worker and a social worker living in Udupi, Karnataka. He belongs to a group of artists who perform at various festivals by appearing in a wide range of characters from mythology to folklore. Ravi has been doing this for the past few years to entertain people by dressing up as various creatures and collect money to pay for the healthcare of those who are in need.
- Ravi has been dressing up in various costumes for more than a decade, but he began collecting money to help those in need in 2013. Over the years, he has donated more than Rs. 50 lakhs for treating children who are suffering from various diseases. Ravi has used this money to provide financial support to the children suffering from heart diseases, cancer, eye problems, and those who are suffering from any sort of skin disease.
- In 2013, Ravi came across a TV ad where a woman was in dire need of money for the treatment of her daughter. The woman needed one lakh rupees for the treatment of her daughter’s right arm, which was damaged at the time of delivery. Ravi decided to help her by dressing up in a unique costume on the occasion of Shri Krishna Janmashtami and went from door-to-door around the Udupi district to collect funds. He collected Rs. 1,04,810, and gave it to the woman to help her financially.
- Ravi has received several awards over the years for his contribution and social work. He received the 6th Moolathva Vishwa Award 2020 in a ceremony held by Moolathva Foundation Charitable Trust.
- Several NGOs have also come forward to help him out through crowdfunding. People from all across the globe have sent him donations to help out the children in need. A crowdfunding website, MILAAP, made a documentary titled ‘Ravi Katpadi, A Kind-hearted Monster’ and collected Rs. 16,80,000. Ketto is another fundraising website that came forward to help him with his initiative.
- Ravi has several teams of people who take care of the creative artwork for costume, another team takes care of the logistics, and the last team finds the causes to which he can donate the money collected. However, the process of raising funds by wearing different costumes every year is taking a toll on Ravi. The repeated application of oil on the skin before wearing the costume and applying paint has caused ruptures and damage to his skin. Ravi ignores it by saying-
It takes me 24 hours to get ready. I sip tender coconut water and other juices during these three days as I can’t eat anything. There were times when I have developed skin rashes from the paint that is used on my body, but I don’t mind it as it is for a good cause. Growing up, I saw a lot of struggle and hardship. It’s painful to see children suffer, which is why I continue to support or provide for them”
- The expenditure of the costume is taken care of by Ravi and his friends who are a part of this initiative. They all work together to finalize the costume and its design. The money spent on the outfits depends on the character they choose, and the most expensive outfit they ever bought was the Amazing Monster for which they spent Rs. 40,000. Edexlive
- Ravi Katpadi featured on the Karamveer Special of ‘Kaun Banega Crorepati’ on 15 January 2021 with Anupam Kher. Earlier, he had refused to be a part of the show, but later, he agreed to feature in the episode.
|↑1||The News Minute|