Marital Status: Married
Wife: Dr. Suman Aggarwal
Age: 48 Years
Some Lesser Known Facts About Dr. Jitendra Aggarwal
- Dr. Jitendra Aggarwal is a dentist by profession and the founder and CEO of the organization, Sarthak Educational Trust. He stopped his practice as a dental surgeon in the year 2004. In 2004, Jitendra Aggarwal lost his vision due to macular degeneration of the retina (one of the leading causes of severe vision loss).
- Jitendra was disheartened by this sudden change in his life. He became dependent on others for his daily tasks, and instead of giving up, he decided to take matters into his own hands and got himself trained in screen readers and other software to help him carry out his daily tasks using computers.
- In 2008, Jitendra decided to start his own organization that focused on helping people with disabilities to become independent and learn new skills. He started his first Sarthak Centre in Delhi, which provided training to visually impaired candidates and helped them get employed in the field of medical transcription.
- Dr. Jitendra Aggarwal decided to start Sarthak Educational Trust because, for the years that he was learning to live with his loss of vision, he found out that in India, people with disabilities are treated with charity and not with financial empowerment. His goal was to provide PwD the training they need to gain financial independence.
- The organization focuses on skill development, employment of differently-abled, identifying and preventing disability at early stages in young children, including and encouraging more PwD to study, etc. The organization has 17 centers across India with its presence in cities like Delhi, Chandigarh, Gurugram, Lucknow, Ambala, Mumba, Pune, Kolkata, Ghaziabad, Faridabad, and many more places.
- In the last 12 years, the organization has helped more than 30,000 people with disabilities in learning, developing, and using certain skills in different fields. The organization also holds placement drives for the students and companies like Reliance Retail, Lemon Tree Hotels, Minda, Infosys, Taj, etc. hire these people in their companies for various fields.
- The Sarthak Educational Trust is funded by several big companies like Cap Gemini, Hyatt, HSBC, Cognizant Foundation, Deloitte, and many more firms from different operating industries.
- Dr. Jitendra Aggarwal’s organization has helped more than 10,000 disable candidates in several sectors of work like retail, BPOs, IT, and hospitality.
- Jitendra’s organization Sarthak Educational Trust also conducts the National Conference on Disability every year at AICTE in New Delhi. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the conference this year will be held on 18-19 December 2020 through video conferencing for the first time.
- On 27 November 2020, Dr. Jitendra Aggarwal made an appearance on “Kaun Banega Crorepati” for the show “Karamveer Special” episode along with his wife, Dr. Suman Aggarwal.