|Full name||Jagroop Singh Gill Facebook- Jagroop Gill|
|Profession(s)||Politician, Advocate, Agriculturist, Social Worker|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.70 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 7”
|Hair Colour||Salt & Pepper|
|Political Party||• Indian National Congress (INC)- 1970s-2021
• Aam Aadmi Party (AAP)- 2021-present
|Political Journey||• Joined the Indian National Congress in 1970s
• Elected as a councillor of the Bathinda Municipal Corporation in 1979 for the first time
• Again elected as a councillor of the Bathinda Municipal Corporation in 1989, 1992, 1997, 2008, and 2015
• Appointed as the Chairman of the Bathinda District Planning Board in 2020
• Elected as a councillor of the Bathinda Municipal Corporation in 2021 for the seventh time
• Resigned from the Indian National Congress and joined the Aam Aadmi Party in August 2021
• Elected as a Member of the Legislative Assembly from the Bathinda Urban Assembly Constituency on a ticket from the Aam Aadmi Party in 2022
|Date of Birth||Year, 1953|
|Age (as of 2022)||69 Years|
|College/University||Dr. Bhimrao Ambedkar University (formerly Agra University)|
|Educational Qualification(s)||• B.A.
• L.L.B. My Neta
|Address||#Z-6, 17292, (House No. 30001 as per Epic) Main Gurukul Road, Gopal Nagar, Bathinda-151001|
|Relationships & More|
|Wife/Spouse||Kuldip Kaur (Agriculturist, Landlady)|
|Children||Son: Harvinder Singh|
|Parents||Father- Pal Singh
Mother- Name Not Known
|Salary/Income (approx.)||Rs. 2,46,762 per annum (2020-2021) My Neta|
• Cash- Rs. 2,00,000
• Bank Deposits- Rs. 11,43,784
• Agricultural Land- Rs. 5,21,00,000
• Residential Buildings- Rs. 70,00,000 (as of 2022) My Neta
|Net Worth (approx.)||Rs. 13,37,47,000 (as of 2022) My Neta|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Jagroop Gill
- Jagroop Gill is an Indian advocate, social worker, agriculturist, and politician who became a Member of the Legislative Assembly (MLA) from the Bathinda Urban Assembly Constituency on a ticket from the Aam Aadmi Party in 2022.
- He grew up in a middle-class family in Bathinda.
- Jagroop joined the Indian National Congress in the 1970s.
- Gill has been a councillor of the Bathinda Municipal Corporation for six consecutive terms, i.e., 1979, 1989, 1992, 1997, 2008, and 2015.
- In 2020, he was appointed as the Chairman of the Bathinda District Planning Board.
- He also held the posts of the Chairman of the Bathinda Improvement Trust, Vice-President and President of the Civic Body, and the President of the District Bar Association in the past.
- In 2021, he won the Bathinda Municipal Corporation elections for the seventh time. He won from ward no. 48 by 414 votes.
- In 2021, Jagroop was the number one contender for the post of Mayor in Bathinda. However, the post went to Raman Goyal, which apparently became the reason for Jagroop quitting the Indian National Congress in August 2021.
- Soon, he joined the Aam Aadmi Party. He was formally welcomed into AAP by Harpal Singh Cheema, Jarnail Singh, Gurmeet Singh Meet Hayer, Baljinder Kaur, and Rupinder Kaur Ruby at the party office in Chandigarh on 2 August 2021.
- During a press conference, Harpal Singh Cheema expressed his happiness on Jagroop’s entry into AAP. He said,
Gill has been the president of the District Bar Association as well as the president of the municipal council. His entry into the party will be a shot in the arm for the party in the Malwa region.”
- In 2022, he became a member of the Legislative Assembly from the Bathinda Urban Assembly Constituency on a ticket from the Aam Aadmi Party after defeating the five-time MLA Manpreet Singh Badal (Congress candidate) by a margin of 63,581 votes. Apparently, it was the highest-ever margin of victory from the Bathinda Urban seat as reported by the Election Commission of India (ECI). Hindustan Times
- Reportedly, he was once a close aide of Manpreet Singh Badal.
- He once also shared good relations with Captain Amarinder Singh’s family.
- After his win in the 2022 Assembly elections, Jagroop Singh while talking to the media said that he would concentrate on strengthening the party instead of playing politics. He also talked about making Bathinda free from hooliganism and drugs. He said,
My priority is to make Bathinda free from hooliganism and drugs. After a difference of clouds, there is no place for hooliganism in Bathinda now. If anyone commits hooliganism, they will be dealt with strictly.”
- In one of his interactions with the media post winning, he also talked about his desire to build a park along the canal in Bathinda. He said that his party would work towards constructing a park soon after the formation of the government.