Rohiqa Chagla Age, Husband, Children, Family, Biography & More
Husband: Cyrus Mistry
Age: 51 Years
|Famous For||Being the wife of the Indian-born Irish businessman Cyrus Mistry|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 160 cm
in meters- 1.60 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 3”
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Hair Colour||Dark Brown|
|Date of Birth||Year, 1971|
|Age (as of 2022)||51 Years|
|Birthplace||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Hometown||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Religion||Islam ABP News|
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||2 January 1992|
|Husband/Spouse||Cyrus Mistry (Businessman; died in 2022)
|Children||Son(s)- Zahan Mistry, Firoz Mistry
|Parents||Father- Iqbal Chagla (senior advocate at the Bombay High Court)
Mother- Roshan Chagla
|Siblings||Brother- Riyaz Chagla (judge at the Bombay High Court)
Some Lesser Known Facts About Rohiqa Chagla
- Rohiqa Chagla is an Indian businesswoman who is known for being the wife of Cyrus Mistry, an Indian-born Irish businessman.
- She belongs to a family of lawyers and judges.
- She is the granddaughter of the Indian freedom fighter Mahommedali Currim Chagla (popularly known as M.C. Chagla). Her grandfather served in the Jawaharlal Nehru Cabinet. From 1947 to 1958, M. C. Chagla served as the chief justice of the Bombay High Court. In 1985, M.C. Chagla’s statue was unveiled and placed outside the Chief Justice’s Court in the Bombay High Court, where he once served. The inscription on the statue reads,
A great judge, a great citizen, and, above all, a great human being.”
- Her grandfather was also a member of the Muslim League. He separated himself from it after Muhammad Ali Jinnah, one of its leaders, demanded a separate Muslim state.
- Rohiqa is the daughter-in-law of Pallonji Mistry, a construction business tycoon.
- Rohiqa has worked as a director at many private and public limited companies like Anand Agencies Private Limited, Buildbazaar Technologies (India) Private Limited, and Pratham Education Foundation.
- Apparently, Rohiqa Chagla’s original surname is ‘Merchant.’ Their surname ‘Merchant’ was replaced with ‘Chagla’ by her grandfather, M. C. Chagla, as he hated his surname ‘Merchant’ due to its congruity with money. His father adopted the name ‘Chagla,’ which refers to ‘favourite’ in the Kutchi language, after his great grandfather’s name.
- In October 2016, after Cyrus was removed from his position as the organisation’s chairman in the Tata Group, he entered into a legal battle with the organisation. During that time, Rohiqa Chagla and her family supported him. Reportedly, it was Rohiqa’s father, Iqbal Chagla, who laid down the legal framework of Cyrus’ case.
- On 4 September 2022, Chagla’s husband, Cyrus Mistry, died in a road accident near Mumbai after the driver of his car lost control. Apparently, Cyrus last met the Parsi religious leader Guru Dasturji Khurshed before meeting with the fatal car accident.