John Shaw (Kiran Mazumdar Shaw’s husband) Age, Death, Wife, Family, Biography & More
Age: 73 Years
Wife: Kiran Mazumdar Shaw
|Real name/Full name||John McCallum Marshall Shaw Live Mint|
|Known for||Being the husband of Biocon founder Kiran Mazumdar Shaw|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.70 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 7”
|Hair Colour||Salt and Pepper|
|Date of Birth||Year, 1949|
|Date of Death||24 October 2022|
|Place of Death||At a private hospital in Bengaluru|
|Age (at the time of death)||73 Years|
|Death Cause||Cancer Hindustan Times|
|College/University||University of Glasgow|
|Educational Qualification(s) Hindustan Times||• Master of Arts (MA) in history and political economy at the University of Glasgow in 1970.
• Later, he pursued a PhD degree at the University of Glasgow, U.K.
|Relationships & More|
|Marital Status (at the time of death)||Married|
|Marriage Date||Year, 1998|
|Wife/Spouse||Kiran Mazumdar Shaw (businesswoman)
Some Lesser Known Facts About John Shaw
- John Shaw was a Scottish and Indophile businessman who is known for being the husband of Indian businesswoman, Kiran Mazumdar Shaw. He died on 24 October 2022 at a Private hospital in Bengaluru after suffering from cancer.
- John Shaw joined Biocon in 1999 proper to which he was working at a leading textiles MNC Madura Coats as Chairman and Managing Director. According to media sources, in 1998, John Shaw, personally raised 2 million dollars to buy the outstanding Biocon shares from ICI. He then got married to Kiran Mazumdar and took early retirement from his position as chairman at Madura Coats to join Biocon.
- In 1999, John Shaw helped Kiran Mazumdar to buy back Unilever’s stake in Biocon, and during this time the global FMCG giant was about to sell the shares of the company to a third party.
- John Shaw served as a foreign promoter and member of the advisory board of many Biocon Group companies. For over 22 years, he served as the Vice-Chairman and Non-Executive Director of Biocon, a Bengaluru-headquartered biopharmaceutical company.
- John Shaw worked as a managing director of Viyella Group for some time. His role in the Biocon was elaborated by the company on its official website. In July 2021, he superannuated from Biocon. The company mentioned,
He has contributed majorly to the transformation of Biocon from a small enzymes company to a globally recognised biopharmaceutical company and has played an important role in ensuring the highest levels of corporate governance in the company, as well as, in the financial and strategic development of the group.”
- On 24 October 2022, soon after the demise of John Shaw, his wife, Kiran Mazumdar Shaw penned an emotional note on social media informing his death. She wrote,
I am devastated to lose my husband, my mentor and soul mate. I will always be spiritually guided by John as I pursue my purpose. Rest in Peace my darling John. Thank you for making my life so very special. I will miss you profoundly.”
|↑2, ↑3||Hindustan Times|