|Real Name||Chanda Advani|
|Famous For||Managing Director & CEO; ICICI Bank|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 165 cm
in meters- 1.65 m
in feet inches- 5’ 5”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 55 kg
in pounds- 121 lbs
|Date of Birth||17 November 1961|
|Age (as in 2018)||56 Years|
|Birthplace||Jodhpur, Rajasthan, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Scorpio|
|Hometown||Jaipur, Rajasthan, India|
|School||St. Angela Sophia School, Jaipur|
|College/University||Jai Hind College, University of Mumbai
Institute of Cost Accountants of India
Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai
|Educational Qualifications||B.Com degree from Jai Hind College, University of Mumbai
Studied cost accountancy from Institute of Cost Accountants of India
MMS degree from Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai
|Address||Tony CCI Chambers, opposite Cricket Club of India, South Mumbai|
|Hobbies||Shopping for Sarees and Jewellery, Watching Hindi Films|
|Awards/Honours||2002-10: Featured in the list of ‘30 Most Powerful Woman Leaders’ for eight consecutive years
2005: Awarded ‘Business Woman of the Year’ by The Economic Times
2006: Received ‘Rising Star Award’ for Global Awards by Retail Banker International
2010: Ranked 10th in Fortune’s List of ‘Most Powerful Women in Business,’ was also ranked 92nd in the Forbes List of ‘Most Powerful Women’ in the world
2011: Conferred with Padma Bhushan award, the third highest civilian award in India
2014: Carleton University, Canada honoured her with a doctorate degree
2015: Listed in Time magazine’s ‘100 Most Influential People in the World’
2016: Featured in Forbes list of 'The World's 100 Most Powerful Women'
2017: Featured in Business World magazine’s ‘BW’s Most Influential Women’ list as an Evergreen Woman Leader
|Controversy||In April 2018, she had to face questions of conflict of interest in the Videocon loan controversy. The CBI registered a preliminary enquiry naming Videocon Group promoter Venugopal Dhoot, Chanda Kochhar's husband Deepak Kochhar and others, to investigate the alleged wrongdoing in the sanctioning of a ₹3,250 crore ICICI loan to the Videocon Group.|
|Boys, Affairs and More|
|Husband/Spouse||Deepak Kochhar (a wind energy entrepreneur)
|Children||Son- Arjun (squash player)
|Parents||Father- Roopchand Advani
Mother- Name Not Known
|Siblings||Brother- Mahesh Advani (businessman)
Sister- Not Known
|Favourite Bankers||Narayanan Vaghul, K. V. Kamath|
|Favourite Actors||Shah Rukh Khan, Amitabh Bachchan|
|Favourite Politician||Narendra Modi|
|Favourite Foods||Thai Food- Red Curry, Sindhi delicacies (made by her mother), Gujia, Jalebis|
|Cars Collection||Audi, Mercedes Benz, Ford|
|Assets/Properties||A Residential Property in Mumbai (worth ₹1.1 crore)|
|Salary (as the Managing Director & CEO; ICICI Bank)||₹2.66 crore (as in 2017)|
|Net Worth||Not Known|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Chanda Kochhar
- Does Chanda Kochhar smoke?: Not Known
- Does Chanda Kochhar drink alcohol?: Not Known
- While growing up in Jaipur, she aspired to become an IAS officer. However, the commercial milieu in Mumbai turned her into a banker.
- During her school days, she was a prolific basketball player.
- In 1984, she began her career as a management trainee with the erstwhile ICICI Limited.
- In 2001, she was elevated to the Board of Directors of ICICI Bank.
- During the 1990s, Chanda Kochhar played an instrumental role in establishing ICICI Bank.
- She went on to head the corporate banking business and infrastructure finance at the Bank.
- Focussing on technology, re-engineering, scaling up of distribution, and innovation, Chanda Kochhar led the Bank to a leadership position in this business.
- During 2006-2007, she headed the Bank’s corporate and international banking businesses.
- From 2007 to 2009, Chanda Kochhar worked as the Joint Managing Director & Chief Financial Officer of the Bank.
- In 2009, she was elevated as the Managing Director & CEO of ICICI Bank.
- She also chairs the boards of principal subsidiaries of most of the Indian banks including India’s leading private sector life and general insurance companies.
- In addition to the ICICI group, Chanda Kochhar has been a member of the US-India CEO Forum, the India-Japan Business Leaders Forum and the Board of trade.
- She also worked as the Deputy Chairman of the Indian Banks Association.
- In 2015-16, she worked as the President of the International Monetary Conference, an organization that annually brings together the chief executives of approximately 70 of the world’s largest financial institutions from 30 countries.
- She has been a member of the Prime Minister’s Council on Trade & Industry.
- In 2017, she became the first Indian woman to receive the prestigious Woodrow Wilson Award for Global Citizenship, joining the ranks of Hillary Clinton and Condoleezza Rice.
- Chanda Kochhar’s family has earned a prominent reputation among India’s celebrated families. Her family’s status can be gauged by the star-studded guest list of the wedding of her daughter Aarti in December 2014. The guest list included- Mukesh Ambani, Nita Ambani, Gautam Adani, Kumar Mangalam Birla, P Chidambaram, Uddhav Thackeray, Nitin Gadkari, Shah Rukh Khan, Amitabh Bachchan, and many more.
- During an interview, she said that she doesn’t exercise at all and thanked God for her metabolism that keeps her slim and trim.
- Chanda Kochhar accepts being a religious person but condemns the orthodox rituals.
- Chanda Kochhar has been a harbinger of women empowerment. Here’s the message from Chanda Kochhar that she gave on the International Women Women’s Day 2018: