|Profession(s)||Playback Singer, Music Director|
|Debut||Playback Singer: "Main Tera Aashiq Hoon" for the movie 'Gumraah' in 1989
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||• Mirchi Music Award for Song Representing Sufi Tradition in 2013 for the song "O saiyyan"
• GIMA Award for Best Ghazal Album in 2016 for the song "Zikr Tera"
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 178 cm
in meters- 1.78 m
in feet inches- 5’ 10”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 80 kg
in pounds- 176 lbs
|Date of Birth||10 June 1973 YouTube|
|Age (as in 2018)||45 Years|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Gemini|
|Educational Qualification||Not Known|
|Food Habit||Not Known|
|Hobbies||Reading, Listening to Music|
|Relationships & More|
|Wife/Spouse||Sunali Rathod (Singer)
Daughter- Reewa Rathod (Singer)
|Parents||Father- Late Pandit Chaturbhuj Rathod
Mother- Name Not Known
• Shravan Rathod (Music Composer)
• Vinod Rathod (Singer)
Sister- Not Known
|Net Worth (approx.)||Not Known|
Some Lesser Known Facts about Roop Kumar Rathod
- Does Roop Kumar Rathod Smoke?: Not Known
- Does Roop Kumar Rathod Drink Alcohol?: Yes
- He was born into a family with a great music background. He was interested in music since his childhood and started learning several musical instruments from his early age.
- He was an excellent Tabla Player and used to play the Tabla when he was a kid. He gave his solo on-stage performance as a Tabla Player at the age of 6.
- Although he was involved with the music since his birth but his professional musical instrument training started at the age of 10.
- He never thought of becoming a Singer as he was just into playing musical instruments. It was August 1984, when he first thought of learning music as he couldn’t accompany his father in singing during an event. He felt so ashamed that he decided to learn music.
- In 1985, at the age of 25, he left playing the Tabla and decided to learn singing professionally.
- His family was not happy with his decision of quitting Tabla. Due to his decision, the family environment was so depressed that he decided to move to London for 2 months. There, he started his proper music training and also began giving Tabla tuition to students for an income.
- He did his first singing show in London at someone’s home. It was a great beginning of his singing career.
- He never wanted to be a Playback Singer as he was happy with his on-stage performances since his childhood. But, the destiny opened a new door for him and he entered the playback singing world in 1989.
- In 1997, he rose to fame after his song ‘Sandese Aate Hain’ from the movie ‘Border’ became popular. This was the major breakthrough of his career.
- He has lent his voice in Marathi, Gujarati, Assamese, Hindi, Tamil, Oriya, Nepali, Telugu, Bhojpuri, and Bengali films.
- His first preference is live concerts. He has performed numerous concerts in several countries including UK, US, Singapore, Dubai, and East Africa along with his wife Sunali Rathod.
- In August 2005, he was featured in an episode of an Indian sitcom named “Sarabhai vs Sarabhai” along with his wife Sunali Rathod. This episode was based on a music contest.
- In 2008, he won “Ustaad Jodi” title on a reality show “Mission Ustaad” under the judges A. R. Rahman, Javed Akhtar, and Lara Dutta.
- Later, he released a Sufi album titled Kalmaa along with his wife, Sunali Rathod.
References/Sources: [ + ]