|Profession(s)||Playback Singer, Music Director|
|Debut||Playback Singer: "Main Tera Aashiq Hoon" for the movie 'Gumraah' in 1989
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||• Mirchi Music Award for Song Representing Sufi Tradition in 2013 for the song "O saiyyan"
• GIMA Award for Best Ghazal Album in 2016 for the song "Zikr Tera"
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 178 cm
in meters- 1.78 m
in feet inches- 5’ 10”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 80 kg
in pounds- 176 lbs
|Date of Birth||10 June 1973 YouTube|
|Age (as in 2018)||45 Years|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Gemini|
|Educational Qualification||Not Known|
|Food Habit||Not Known|
|Hobbies||Reading, Listening to Music|
|Relationships & More|
|Wife/Spouse||Sunali Rathod (Singer)
Daughter- Reewa Rathod (Singer)
|Parents||Father- Late Pandit Chaturbhuj Rathod
Mother- Name Not Known
• Shravan Rathod (Music Composer)
• Vinod Rathod (Singer)
Sister- Not Known
Some Lesser Known Facts about Roop Kumar Rathod
- Does Roop Kumar Rathod smoke?: Not Known
- Does Roop Kumar Rathod drink alcohol?: Yes
- He was born into a family with a great music background. He was interested in music since his childhood and started learning several musical instruments from an early age.
- He is also an excellent Tabla Player, and he used to play the Tabla when he was a kid. He gave his first on-stage solo performance as a Tabla Player at the age of 6.
- Although he has been involved with the music since his birth but his professional musical instrument training started at the age of 10.
- He never thought of becoming a Singer as he was just into playing musical instruments. It was in August 1984, when he first thought of learning singing as he couldn’t accompany his father in singing during an event; because he was not well-versed in singing at that time.
- In 1985, at the age of 25, he left playing the Tabla and decided to learn professional singing.
- His family was not happy with his decision of quitting Tabla. Later, he moved to London where he spent 2 months for his singing training. While in London, he also began giving Tabla tuitions.
- He did his first singing show in London at someone’s home. This performance gave a boost to his singing career.
- He never wanted to be a Playback Singer; as he was happy with his on-stage performances since his childhood. However, when he started his career as a playback singer in 1989, it earned him laurels both from the public as well as the critics.
- In 1997, he rose to fame after his song ‘Sandese Aate Hain’ from the movie ‘Border’ became popular. This was the major breakthrough of his career.
- He has lent his voice in Marathi, Gujarati, Assamese, Hindi, Tamil, Oriya, Nepali, Telugu, Bhojpuri, and Bengali films.
- His first preference is live concerts. He has performed numerous concerts in several countries including UK, US, Singapore, Dubai, and East Africa along with his wife Sunali Rathod.
- In August 2005, he was featured in an episode of an Indian sitcom named “Sarabhai vs Sarabhai” along with his wife Sunali Rathod. This episode was based on a music contest.
- In 2008, he won “Ustaad Jodi” title on a reality show “Mission Ustaad” under the judges A. R. Rahman, Javed Akhtar, and Lara Dutta.
- Later, he released a Sufi album titled Kalmaa along with his wife, Sunali Rathod.
📢⚡TRENDING: List of ICC World Cup Winners (1975-2015)
References/Sources: [ + ]