|Full Name||Amit Aishwary Jogi|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Political Party||Janta Congress Chhattisgarh
|Political Journey||• In 2013 assembly polls, he became an MLA (Member of Legislative Assembly) representing Marwahi (Vidhan Sabha Constituency) by defeating the Bharatiya Janata Party candidate.
• In 2016, the INC expelled Amit Jogi for six years for indulging in anti-party activities. The same year, his father, Ajit Jogi, founded a new party, Chhattisgarh Janata Congress.
|Biggest Rival||Not Known|
|Date of Birth||7 August 1977|
|Age (as in 2018)||41 Years|
|Birthplace||Dallas, USA NDTV|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Leo|
|Hometown||Pendra Road, Bilaspur, Chhattisgarh, India|
|School||• The Lawrence School, Lovedale, Tamil Nadu
• The Daly College, Indore, Madhya Pradesh
• Modern High School, New Delhi
|College/University||• St. Stephen's College, Delhi
• Jawaharlal Nehru University, Delhi
• Pandit Ravishankar Shukla University, Raipur
|Educational Qualification(s)||• Graduate from St. Stephen's College, Delhi
• MA from Jawaharlal Nehru University, Delhi
• LLB from Pandit Ravishankar Shukla University, Raipur
|Address||Resident of Anugrah, Sagon Banglow, Civil Line, Raipur, Chhattisgarh|
|Controversies||• In 2003, he was involved in an incident of bribing the politician, Dilip Singh Judeo.
• In June 2007, Amit Jogi and his father were arrested due to their connection with the murder of Ram Avtar Jaggi (NCP treasurer) who was shot dead in June 2003.
• 2 charges related to Punishment of criminal conspiracy (IPC Section-120B)
• 1 charge related to Mischief causing damage to the amount of fifty rupees (IPC Section-427)
• On 23 July 2011, he was badly injured when attacked by the crowd while campaigning for the INC candidate, Tanya Solomons.
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Father- Ajit Jogi (Politician)
Mother- Dr. Renu Jogi (Eye Specialist)
Sister- Late Anusha Jogi
• Cash- ₹75 Thousand
• Deposits in Banks & Non-Banking Financial Companies- ₹51.5 Lakh
• Jewellery- ₹31.5 Lakh
• Agricultural Land worth ₹56 Lakh
• Non Agricultural Land worth ₹75 Lakh
|Net Worth (approx.)||₹2.5 Crore|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Amit Jogi
- He was born in the USA and was nationalised by L. K. Advani in 2004.
- In 2009, he received the University Gold Medal from Jawaharlal Nehru University for graduating with the highest marks in Law.
- After completing his studies, he started working at the Chhattisgarh High Court and worked there for 11 months.
- On 19 June 2010, he began a new journey as a social worker. He has led many campaigns regarding justice for starvation and rape victims, power-tariffs reduction, and many more.
- For his “unparliamentary” behaviour, on 2 March 2017, the Chhattisgarh Legislative Assembly passed a censure motion against him.
📢⚡TRENDING: Goa CM, Manohar Parrikar passes away, Read his Biography
References/Sources: [ + ]