|Full Name||Lara Dutta Bhupathi|
|Nickname||Khoti (fondly called by her father)|
|Profession(s)||Actress, Model, Entrepreneur|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 173 cm
in meters- 1.73 m
in feet inches- 5’ 8”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 65 kg
in pounds- 143 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||34-28-34|
|Date of Birth||16 April 1978|
|Age (as in 2018)||40 Years|
|Birthplace||Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Aries|
|Hometown||Bengaluru, Karnataka, India|
|School(s)||St. Francis Xavier Girls' High School, Bengaluru
Frank Anthony Public School, Bengaluru
|College/University||University of Mumbai, Mumbai|
|Educational Qualification||Degree in Economics and a Minor in Communications (Distance Education)|
|Debut||Film: Andaaz (2003, Bollywood)
Arasatchi (2004, Tamil)
TV: Mission Ustaad (2007, as a judge)
Producer: Chalo Dilli (2011)
|Religion||She was born to a Hindu father and Christian mother|
|Address||Shailja Apartments in Pali Hill, Bandra, Mumbai
|Hobbies||Cooking, Writing, Doing yoga, Water rafting, Para gliding, Bungee jumping|
|Awards/Achievements||1995- Gladrags Megamodel India
1997- Miss Intercontinental 1997
2000- Miss Universe 2000
2004- Filmfare Best Female Debut Award (joint winner with Priyanka Chopra)
2008- Rajiv Gandhi Award for her contribution to film cinema
2012- FICCI Young Achievers Award
|Controversies||• In 2005, she filed a suit against the 'Gladrags' magazine in the Bombay High Court for allegedly using her photos for the promotion of their upcoming modelling contest, which according to her was a clear violation of her copyright. Later, she won the case, and the court told the Gladrags company to stop using her photos for their promotions.
• She became a victim of the wardrobe malfunction at the 2010 IIFA awards in Colombo, Sri Lanka.
• On 9 April 2018, she tweeted a photo in which she displayed how she utilized her husband's Australian Open, Wimbledon, US Open, and French Open towels to prevent water entering their home during the heavy rains. Her tweet didn't please her husband as he angrily replied back to her with a tweet.
• In December 2017, both Lara and Mahesh Bhupathi, being the brand ambassadors of Gitanjali Gems Ltd, filed an insolvency petition as operational creditors against Gitanjali. According to the couple, they were having a 2-year contract with Gitanjali for public appearances, but there were few cancellations for which Gitanjali had to pay them, but they didn't pay their dues.
|Boys, Affairs and More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Kelly Dorjee (Actor, Model)
Derek Jeter (Former professional baseball shortstop)
Tiger Woods (Golfer)
Dino Morea (Actor)
Mahesh Bhupathi (Tennis Player)
|Marriage Date||16 February 2011|
|Marriage Place||Bandra, Mumbai
|Husband/Spouse||Mahesh Bhupathi (m. 2011-present)
Daughter- Saira Bhupathi (born in 2012)
|Parents||Father- L.K. Dutta (Retired Army Personnel)
Mother- Jennifer Dutta
Sisters- Sabrina Dutta (Elder, Indian Air Force), Cheryl Dutta (Younger)
|Favourite Food(s)||Rajma chawal, South Indian cuisine, Tiramisu|
|Favourite Actor(s)||Shah Rukh Khan, Sanjeev Kumar, Nana Patekar|
|Favourite Actresses||Madhuri Dixit, Vyjayanthimala|
|Favourite Film(s)||Bollywood- Sholay, 1942 – A Love Story
Hollywood- Gone with the Wind
|Favourite Colour(s)||Black, Brown|
|Favourite Perfume(s)||Thierry Mugler Angel, Tom Ford Black Orchid, Heaven Scent|
|Favourite Hotel||Hotel Imperiale in Rome|
|Favourite Destination(s)||Goa, Italy|
|Cars Collection||Audi A8L, Mercedes E-Class|
|Net Worth (approx.)||₹53 crore or $8 million|
Some Lesser Known Facts about Lara Dutta
- Does Lara Dutta smoke?: No
- Does Lara Dutta drink alcohol?: Not Known
- Lara was born into a multireligious family, to a Hindu-Punjabi father and a Christian-Scottish mother.
- On 12 May 2000, she became the second Indian, after Sushmita Sen, to win the title of Miss Universe, that was held in Cyprus.
- Her verbal skills and intelligence played a huge role in her winning the Miss Universe title; as most of the judges gave her 9.9/10 marks in the interview round.
- In 2001, at the age of 23, she became the youngest ambassador of United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA).
- In 2000, she was dropped from a B grade film as the director thought she was a bad actress.
- During the filming of the movie ‘Andaaz’ (2003), Akshay Kumar saved her from getting drowned.
- She refused roles offered to her in ‘The Matrix Reloaded’ (2003) and ‘The Matrix Revolutions’ (2003), as she was not happy with the script.
- Dino Morea was the reason behind her break-up with the 9-year long boyfriend, Kelly Dorjee.
- She was supposed to do Jackie Chan‘s ‘The Myth’ (2005), but she opted out because of a nude scene.
- She is a fitness freak and spends 5 days every week on cardio, strength training, yoga and also has its collection in H.E.A.L With Lara DVD’s and YouTube videos.
- She is fluent in languages like – English, Hindi, Punjabi, French, and Kannada.
- In 2005, she participated in Kaun Banega Crorepati alongside Sania Mirza for a noble cause.
- She owns a production house called ‘Bheegi Basanti Productions.’
- She also owns a skincare brand called ‘ARIAS.’
📢⚡TRENDING: List of ICC World Cup Winners (1975-2015)