|Famous For||Winning MTV Supermodel of The Year Season 2|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 167 cm
in meters- 1.67 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 6”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 55 kg
in pounds- 120 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||35-24-35|
|Debut||TV: MTV Supermodel of the Year Season 2 (Contestant)
|Date of Birth||23 Feburary 1999 (Tuesday)|
|Age (as of 2021)||22 Years|
|Birthplace||Jeju Dada, Arunachal Pradesh|
|Hometown||Jeju Dada, Arunachal Pradesh|
|School||Manu Academy, Itanagar|
|College/University||North East Nursing College of Health Science, Itanagar|
|Educational Qualification||B.Sc. Nursing India Today|
|Hobbies||Gardening, Listening to Music, Making home decor items|
|Controversy||While her appearence on the reality show "MTV Supermodel of the Year Season 2," she made a controversial statement after which she received huge criticism from her fans. During her introduction round she told the judges that she faced huge discrimination as a girl child while growing in her community. She claimed to have recieved less privillages as compared to the boys in her village. EastMojo She quoted,
Woh Humesha supportive teh.. like everything I do, they’re always there for me. But the thing is hamari society. I wouldn’t say like… main jis communities se belong karti hoon jahan pe itna.. matlab freedom nahi hota ladkiyo ko.. matlab, esa nahi karna …. Aur humare waha pe na proper fashion show hota hai… na proper photographs and all, nothing, is nothing there. Waha ke logo ko actually itna pat nahi hai. To my parents are always there for me but Hamare Jo hai, matlab I mean society, people there. It’s like they’re more intellect like padhai karo, Job Karo, you are a girl you need to like, you need to get married and look after his family like that, you need to give birth to a male child and all that stuff.”
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Father- Sasung Dada
Mother- Sanari Dada
|Quote||"Winners are not people who never fails, but people who never quit."|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Roshni Dada
- Roshni Dada is an Indian fashion model. She came into the limelight after winning the Indian reality television series “MTV Supermodel of the Year Season 2.” She also won Miss India Arunachal 2019 title.
- Roshni Dada was born and brought up in Jeju Dada village of Arunachal Pradesh. She was fascinated by fashion and modelling since childhood. She was very cautious about dressing up properly for which she often received compliments to join the fashion industry.
- Roshni Dada made her modelling debut with the eleventh edition of Miss Arunachal. After acing the talent round to the extracurricular activity, she was crowned as Miss Arunachal 2019, held at Nyokum Lapang ground, Itanagar. She was awarded a cash prize and a brand new car.
- Roshni Dada, after winning the Miss Arunachal title was associated with a number of NGO’s to work on various social and environmental causes. She also worked in organising blood donation camps across the state.
- As on being the winner of Miss Arunachal 2019, Roshni Dada got the opportunity to represent her state, Arunachal Pradesh, at Miss India 2019, a national beauty pageant held every year in India. Even after qualifying in several rounds as Miss India could not make it to the top 12 finalists of the beauty pageant.
- Apart from being a model, Roshni Dada is also a B.Sc. Nursing student. Managing both her studies and passion was not that of a big deal for her. In an interview, she said,
All the fellow nurses also ask about it. The thing is if you like something and really want to do something from the bottom of your heart then you manage. One of my positive traits is I am good at managing things. I am blessed that my principal has been quite supportive. He gave me holidays and days offs so that I could follow my passion. It’s difficult but at the end of the day, it’s worth it.”
- In 2021, Roshni Dada auditioned for the second season of the Indian reality television series “MTV Supermodel of the Year.” Roshni managed to impress the judges Malaika Arora, Milind Soman, Anusha Dandekar, and Masaba Gupta through a virtually held audition due to the COVID-19 pandemic, and she qualified for the show. The star-studded finale of the show was held on 24 October 2021, where Roshni Dada was declared the winner of the show. She was awarded a trophy along with the prize money of Rs 5 lakh. Roshni, while talking about her journey with a media house, said,
The journey was quite memorable. I learned a lot of things. Everything was new for me because I have never been a professional model before. And, enjoyed every bit of it.”
- Participating in “MTV Supermodel of the Year” earned Roshni Dada the opportunity to walk down the runway with one of the hottest male models in India Milind Soman. According to Roshni, sharing the ramp with Milind was the most memorable moment for her. She said,
The most memorable moment for me would be the one where I walked with Milind Sir. And, why not? He is hot and I really admire him. My sister is a huge fan of him. When we were told that we’ll be sharing the ramp with Milind Sir, my heart started beating so fast. I was nervous and we were given five minutes to think about our poses but I wasn’t thinking about that but about sharing the ramp with Milind Sir. It was nerve-wracking but I was enjoying the whole process.”
- Roshni Dada is a popular social media influencer in India. She has more than 80k followers on her Instagram account.
- Roshni Dada is the brand ambassador of SKYCT, a beauty, cosmetic, and personal care brand.