|Famous For||Being one of the top 10 contestants of the modelling reality show "MTV Supermodel of the Year" (2019)
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 168 cm
in meters- 1.68 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 6”
|Debut||TV (Contestant): MTV Supermodel of the Year (2019)
|Date of Birth||Year 1995|
|Age (as in 2019)||24 Years|
|Birthplace||Namchi, South Sikkim, India|
|Hometown||Namchi, South Sikkim, India|
|College/University||Himalayan Pharmacy Institute, Sikkim|
|Educational Qualification||Graduate in Pharmacy|
|Relationships & More|
|Food||Burger, Pizza, Chicken Wings|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Manila Pradhan
- Manila Pradhan was born into a middle-class family in Namchi, South Sikkim.
- Manila developed a great interest in acting and modelling from a very young age. She desired to make a name of herself in the entertainment industry since childhood.
- She wanted to pursue her graduation in fashion designing. However, she did her graduation in Pharmacy; as her parents had asked her to do so.
- After completing her graduation, Manila did a course in acting and theatre from Mumbai.
- In 2019, Manila auditioned for the modelling reality show “MTV Supermodel of the Year.” She gave the audition thrice and finally received the selection call from the makers of the show.
- Although Manila lacked modelling experience unlike her co-contestants, she managed to impress the judges of the show with her stylish looks and confident walk.
Sponsored View this post on Instagram
#Repost @mtvindia (@get_repost) ・・・ Sometimes you gotta close a book to start a new chapter! Witness @manila_pradhan 's rebellious journey only on @livonserum MTV #SupermodelOfTheYear Entertainment Partner @infinitymusicin starts tomorrow 7 PM on MTV and anytime on @voot. #ImIn #TuneForIndia
- When she got the confirmation call from “MTV Supermodel of the Year,” she got very excited and reached the venue of the shoot eight and a half hours before the shoot started.
- Initially, her parents were not happy with her decision of becoming a model. During an interview, Manila said,
It was difficult to convince my parents and took a year and a half to get their support. Up until I began acting and modelling, I never really got the chance to come out of my shell. I always wondered, will it work or not? Even when I was studying Pharmacy, I was sceptical and confused.”
- Manila, earlier, had filled the form for Femina Miss India Northeast, but she got rejected from the competition because of her height.
- During the auditions of “MTV Supermodel of the Year,” Manila shared that she had faced several rejections in her life. Once, one of her extended family members said it in front of her parents that she would achieve nothing in her life. That thing really hit her hard and motivated her to pursue her dream and prove herself.
- Apart from modelling, she also desires to explore theatre.
References/Sources: [ + ]