Rupi Kaur (Poet) Age, Family, Boyfriend, Biography & More
Some Lesser Known Facts About Rupi Kaur
- She was born in Punjab and her family moved to Brampton, Canada when she was just four-years-old.
- Rupi learned drawing and painting from her mother, especially when she was not able to speak English with the other children at school.
- She started writing poems at an early age, and she used to write poems on her friends’ birthdays or also some love messages to her middle school crushes.
- In 2009, she performed for the first time on the stage in the basement of the ‘Punjabi Community Health Centre’ (Malton).
- Her photo-essay on menstruation is a visual poetry intended to question societal menstrual taboos.
- She started using her Instagram feed to post the simple illustrations of her deep thoughts.
- She says that she enjoys the idea of equality of letters and that style reflects her worldview.
- Her writings include simple drawings to illustrate her words, which makes it easy for the reader.
- She basically writes about common feminine themes such as- abuse, femininity, love, and heartbreaks.
- Her first book, Milk and Honey (a collection of poetry, prose, and hand-drawn illustrations) was published on 4 November 2014.
- That book, Milk & Honey, crossed the 2.5 million copy mark and was on The New York Times Best Seller list for over 77 weeks.
- She drew inspiration from ‘Sikh’ scriptures.
- In 2017, her second book, ‘The Sun and Her Flowers’ was published.
Fill & Win iPhone 14 Pro Max
Get a Chance to Win an iPhone 14 Pro Max*
Last Month's Winners