Sabbhineni Meghana Height, Age, Boyfriend, Family, Biography & More
Height: 5' 4"
Age: 26 Years
Marital Status: Unmarried
|Other name||Sabbineni Meghana Instagram - Meghana Sabbineni|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 163 cm
in meters- 1.63 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 4”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 50 kg
in pounds- 110 lbs
|International Debut||ODI- 11 February 2022 against New Zealand at Queenstown, New Zealand
T20-20 November 2016 against West Indies at Vijayawada, India
|Domestic/State Team||• Under-19 Andhra Pradesh
• Under-23 Andhra Pradesh
• Andhra Pradesh
• South Zone
• South Central Railways
• Indian Railways
• Gujarat Giants
|Coach/Mentor||• Srinivas Reddy
• Purnima Rao
• Nooshin al Khadeer
• RSR Murthy
|Date of Birth||• Source 1- 7 June 1996 (Friday)
• Source 2- 16 November 1996 (Saturday)
|Age (as of 2022)||26 Years|
|Birthplace||Krishna, Andhra Pradesh, India|
|Hometown||Krishna, Andhra Pradesh, India|
|School||DAV Public School, Vijayawada|
|Educational Qualifications||She holds a bachelor of science degree.|
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Her father is a divisional engineer at NTPC thermal power station, and her mother is a homemaker.
|Siblings||She has an elder sister named Geethika Sabbhineni.
|Cars Collection||Kia Seltos SUV
Some Lesser Known Facts About Sabbhineni Meghana
- Sabbhineni Meghana is an Indian cricketer who has played for different teams in domestic cricket and for the Indian national team. She is regarded as one of the best-emerging opening batters in India.
- She was interested in sports since her childhood and played badminton, skating, and swimming. She also played in a national-level junior skating competition.
- She started playing cricket during 7th standard and attended the cricket camp at her school. Her father also played cricket in the neighbourhood which made her interested in the game.
- She later started training at a cricket academy in Vijayawada under the coach Srinivas Reddy and attended school regularly till 2008, when she was selected for the state team, and she attended school only when she did not play in any tournament. She was an intelligent student, and during her board exams in 10th standard, she scored 530 marks out of 600 marks despite studying only for two months.
- In 2008, she was selected for the under-19 Andhra Pradesh team and started training under former India player and then-coach Purnima Rao. She later went on to play for under-23 and the senior team of Andhra Pradesh as well.
- She played for South Zone in the domestic interzonal competitions from 2014-15 to the 2016-17 season.
- Coaches Nooshin al Khadeer and RSR Murthy chose her for South Central Railways through the talent quota in 2017. In the same year, she went on to play for Indian Railways.
- She played for India A team in the two practice matches as a captain against England in 2018.
- She emerged as a wonderful player by helping Indian Railways to clinch BCCI’S Under-23 Women’s Trophy in 2019, win Senior Women’s ODI trophy in 2021, and win Senior Women’s T20I trophy in 2022.
- In her third ODI match, she made her first ODI half-century by making 61 runs against New Zealand on 18 February 2022.
- She was chosen as a reserve player for the Indian squad in the 2022 ODI World Cup held in New Zealand.
- On 3 October 2022, she made her first T20I half-century by making 69 runs against Maldives.
- She helped the Indian team to win the Asia Cup 2022.
- In the 2022 Commonwealth Games held in Birmingham, England, she helped India to win the silver medal in the tournament.
- She played for the Trailblazers team in the 2022 T20 Women’s Challenge tournament.
- She was chosen by Gujarat Giants for the inaugural season of the Women’s Premier League (WPL) in 2023 for her base price of Rs30 lakhs.
- She works on her fitness under the South Central Railways fitness trainer Mantravadi Shalini.
- She has a pet dog named Leo.
- She revealed in an interview that her mother played a big role in her training as her mother used to wake up at 3:30 am and prepare food for her. Her mother also travelled with her every day to Indira Gandhi Municipal Stadium, and they both boarded the bus at 4:30 am in the morning and reached the stadium by 6 am.
|↑1||Instagram - Meghana Sabbineni|