Height: 5' 11"
Age: 31 Years
Hometown: Bradford, Yorkshire
Some Lesser Known Facts About Jonny Bairstow
- Does Jonny Bairstow drink Alcohol?: Yes
- Being a son of former English Cricket, David Bairstow, and the brother of former first-class cricketer, Andrew Bairstow, Cricket is in his blood.
- The Bairstows have become the 13th father and son combination to represent England in Tests.
- Jonny was just 8 when his father committed suicide while under depression. Later, his mother was diagnosed with Breast Cancer, but, she was cured after following extensive chemotherapy.
- Jonny played Football for 7 long years. He also used to play Rugby and Hockey. But, finally settled into the Cricket.
- In his debut A- list match in 2009, he got dismissed for a golden duck off the very first ball.
- He was awarded the Man of the match on debut against India in 2011 for his astonishing innings of 41 for 21 balls.
- His most memorable knock came against South Africa in 2012 Lord’s Test wherein he hammered 95 runs with the help of 13 boundaries after coming out to bat when England was reeling at 54/4. He scored a half-century in the second Inning on the match as well.
- As of 10 January 2017, Jonny has played 22 ODI and 20 T20I matches, but, hasn’t got a three digit figure so far.