Some Lesser Known Facts About Dr. Sandesh Lamsal
- Dr. Sandesh Lamsal is a Nepalese sportsman, influencer, actor, model, social worker, and doctor.
- Inspired by his father, at the age of 12, he started learning computer programming and created his first website.
- He had a deep interest in sports since his childhood, and when he was 13, he started his training in Taekwondo. With his hard work and intense training, he received one Dan Black belt, World Taekwondo (kukkiwon) in 2014 and two Dan Black belt, World Taekwondo (kukkiwon) in 2018. In an interview, he said,
View this post on Instagram
- In an interview, when he was asked how he had thought about joining martial arts, he said,
Actually, there are two reasons behind my Taekwondo journey. First is, I was always attracted by the Chinese martial art movies. While watching these movies, I used to put myself on the role of the main character and imagine myself fighting as he used to fight on the screen. The second reason is, when I was a child, there were some senior kids who used to bully me and it really used to motivate me to join martial art and give them a good lesson.”
- In 2014, he worked as a medical representative in an Ayurvedic Company in Nepal, and he has also worked as a part-time Taekwondo trainer. In the same year, he started teaching in a school in Dang, Nepal.
- In 2015, he got a scholarship in MBBS from the Russian government, and for his further studies, he moved to Russia. Later, he was appointed as a representative of Nepal in St. Petersburg and Leningrad region in Russia, and he has also promoted Nepali culture and tourism in Russia. The UBJ
- Meanwhile, he was pursuing MBBS; he learnt a few Russian phrases and continued his training in Taekwondo from “Black Eagle Taekwondo Association” in St. Petersburg. In an interview, he talked about his inspiration, he said,
The inspiration for working hard came from my mother. Although my mother isn’t a graduate from any big universities, she always managed to achieve success in her tasks, due to her dedication and hard work.”
- In 2015, Dr. Sandesh collected funds from the people in Russia and donated it for the welfare of the people affected by the 2015 earthquake in Nepal. He organized ‘Nepal-fest: Nepalese Cultural Charity Festival’ in 2016 to raise funds for the reconstruction of the schools damaged due to earthquake in 2015. International Business Times
- Apart from this, he has uploaded online content like transition videos and lip-sync videos on trending apps like TikTok, Likee, Helo, Tangi, and Instagram to promote social awareness. He has also uploaded a few videos in collaboration with Indian artists and social media influencers. He is one of the most popular social media influencers in Nepal.
- Various articles have been published on Dr. Sandesh in many leading Hindi, English, and Nepali newspapers.
- He has uploaded various videos on his YouTube channel including ‘We all are Human Beings: Fight for Equality’ (2020), ‘Yaariyan – An Incomplete Love Story’ (2020), and ‘Muskurayega India’ (2020).
- One of Dr. Sandesh Lamsal’s favourite quotes is,
A true friend is one who holds your hand and touch your heart.”
- Some of his published journals are “Ecology of Thinking” “S. Lamsal on the basic principles of the ancient philosophy of yoga” (May 2017), “Royals” – My thoughts about the Monarchy and Kings of Nepal (2017), and “Pulse” – New Year Celebration in Consular Office of Nepal, St. Petersburg (2017).
- He is a fitness freak and regularly works out in the gym.