Sandhya Mridul Age, Boyfriend, Husband, Family, Biography & More
|Real Name||Sandhya Mridul|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||in centimeters- 165 cm
in meters- 1.65 m
in Feet Inches- 5' 5”
|Weight||in Kilograms- 52 kg
in Pounds- 114 lbs
|Date of Birth||28 March 1975|
|Age (as of 2023)||48 Years|
|Birth Place||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Aries|
|Hometown||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|School||Maharani Gayatri Devi Girls Public School, Jaipur
Mater Dei Convent School, New Delhi
|College||Lady Shri Ram College of Commerce, Delhi University, India|
|Educational Qualifications||Graduation in Mathematics
Post Graduation in Marketing
|Debut||Film: Saathiya (2002)
|Family||Father- Late Shri P.R. Mridul (Lawyer, High Court Judge)
Mother- Aruna Mridul (Home Maker)
Brother- Siddharth Mridul (High Court judge)
Brother- Pankaj Mridul Sifar
|Controversies||• She was judged the runner-up at the popular dance show Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa (Season 2). This decision did court some controversy since judge Urmila Matondkar declared that Sandhya Mridul should have won. There were allegations of rigging and interference on the decision to declare Prachi Desai, the winner of the show. Sandhya Mridul said about the decision, "Don't tell me that I lost. Like I have said before, you lose only when you lose heart, and I haven't. I may have only lost out on a trophy and cash but I have won many hearts".
• The shower scene between Sunny Leone and Sandhya Mridul in Ragini MMS 2 caused a lot of hues and cry, as it featured a kiss between these two hotties. It got much worse when activists of a religious group raised slogans and protests against Sunny Leone.
• In 2018, during the MeToo campaign, she alleged that she was harassed by the famous actor Alok Nath.
|Favourite Colour||Pink, White, Black|
|Favourite Restaurant||China Gate Restaurant|
|Favourite Sport||Badminton, Swimming|
|Boys, Affairs and More|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Sandhya Mridul
- Does Sandhya Mridul smoke?: Not Known
- Does Sandhya Mridul drink alcohol?: Yes
- Her father died when she was 14 and she was brought up by her elder brother Siddharth Mridul, who himself is a sitting judge in Delhi High Court.
- At age of ten, she left home to attend school at Maharani Gayatri Devi Girls’ Public School in Jaipur. She later attended Mater Dei Convent School in New Delhi.
- She attended Lady Sriram College, Delhi. She graduated in Mathematics, did her post graduation in marketing and went on to do a corporate job with KLM in Mumbai.
- She first arrived back in Mumbai to be a marketing executive; she started her career with the popular TV serial – ‘Swabhimaan’ (1995).
- She made her breakthrough in movies with Yash Raj Films, in Saathiya in 2002. Her character Dina was an important supporting role that got her noticed.
- Her show Koshish Ek Asha in which she played the role of the female protagonist, had been dubbed in Chinese in 2005 and it was telecasted in China.
- She was also a part of Jhalak Dikhlaja season-2, wherein she was the runner-up but couldn’t make it win.
- She served as a member of the jury in the 14th Television Festival held in Shanghai in 2008. She was the youngest and the only Indian in the festival.
- In 2014, her penchant for doing non-conformist role led her to do a scene in Ragini MMS2 in which she was seen kissing Sunny Leone.