|Real Name||Sanjaya Baru|
|Profession(s)||Political Commentator, Policy Analyst, Writer, Journalist|
|Famous As||Media Advisor and Official Spokesman to the former Prime Minister of India, Manmohan Singh|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.70 m
in feet inches- 5’ 7”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 75 kg
in pounds- 165 lbs
|Eye Colour||Light Brown|
|Date of Birth||1954|
|Age (as in 2019)||65 Years|
|School||• St. George's Grammar School, Hyderabad
• The Hyderabad Public School, Begumpet
|College/University||• Centre for Development Studies, Thiruvananthapuram
• Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi
|Educational Qualification(s)||• MPhil from the Centre for Development Studies, Thiruvananthapuram
• Ph.D. in economics from Jawaharlal Nehru University
• Masters Degree in economics from Jawaharlal Nehru University
|Hobbies||Reading, Writing, Listening To Music|
|Controversies||• After the release of his book, "The Accidental Prime Minister," Congress leaders claimed that it was a political agenda to deteriorate Congress Leaders image. Congress leaders claimed that after Sanjaya Baru was denied the office of the advisor of PM for the second term, he took revenge by publishing the book and stated it as "Cheap Fiction."
• There were other allegations put by Congress leaders on Sanjaya Baru that it was earlier decided that the book would be released after the Lok Sabha elections (2014) but later the book was released just before the elections and hence it was because of his book that Congress lost the elections. Baru responded to these allegations stating that he himself was going to publish the book after the elections, but when Manmohan Singh announced his retirement before the elections, he was left with no option but to publish the book under the pressure of the publishers.
|Boys, Affairs, and More|
|Wife/Spouse||Rama V. Baru
Daughter- Tanvika Baru
|Parents||Father- B. P. R. Vithal (Secretary of Finance in the Government of India during P.V. Narasimha Rao's Government)
Mother- Seshu Vithal
Some Lesser Known Facts About Sanjaya Baru
- Does Sanjaya Baru smoke?: Yes
- Does Sanjaya Baru drink alcohol?: Yes
- From 1998-2001, he was a member of India’s National Security Advisory Board.
- He has been the Director at the Geo-Economics and Strategy at the International Institute of Strategic Studies.
- He was the media advisor and official spokesman to the former Prime Minister of India, Manmohan Singh from 2004 to 2008.
- Before becoming the advisor to the PM, he was a professor at the Indian Council for Research on International Economic Relations in New Delhi. Moreover, he also lectured at Chatham House in London, National Defence College in Delhi and Indian School of Business in Hyderabad.
- His inclination towards journalism started after he interviewed the then Finance Minister, Madhu Dandavate, in 1990, and soon after, he joined the Economic Times.
- After an eight-year stint at the Times of India, he spent some time at a research institute in Delhi.
- In 2010, he was awarded the GITAM foundation annual award at its 30th foundation day celebrations.
- He is also associated with Wockhardt Limited as the Non-Executive Independent Director.
- In 2014, he published one of the most controversial books, “The Accidental Prime Minister.” It was amidst controversies because of the validity of the facts quoted by him. He stated that he wrote the book so that Mr. Manmohan Singh could get the credit for the work he has done. To which, the Congress dismissed the book, claiming it a “cheap fiction.”
- He was the first one to refer Robert Vadra as ‘Damadji’ in his book “The Accidental Prime Minister.”
- The book revealed that the Prime Minister ‘Manmohan Singh’ did not possess all the powers and that Sonia Gandhi was the remote control of the PM.
- In his book, he made a bold and straightforward revelation that Rajiv Gandhi was a weak Prime Minister.
- He has been the associate editor of The Times of India and The Economic Times.
- On 1 September 2017, he became the Secretary General of the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI); replacing A. Didar Singh.
- In 2017, he also undertook the charge of Additional Independent Director at Artemis Global Life Sciences Limited.
- In 2018, Akshaye Khanna was signed to essay the role of Sanjaya Baru in the film, ‘The Accidental Prime Minister,’ starring Anupam Kher as the former Prime Minister of India, ‘Mr. Manmohan Singh.’
📢⚡TRENDING: URI is surging to become a Blockbuster, check the salary of Uri actors here⚡