|Full Name||Robert Rajendra Vadra|
|Famous For||Being the Son-in-Law of Rajiv Gandhi (late) and Sonia Gandhi|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 167 cm
in meters- 1.67 m
in feet inches- 5’ 5”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 70 kg
in pounds- 154 lbs
|Date of Birth||18 May 1969|
|Age (as in 2018)||49 Years|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Taurus|
|Hometown||Moradabad, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|School||The British School, New Delhi, India|
|Educational Qualification||Not Known|
|Ethnicity||Scottish (from his mother side)|
|Political Inclination||Indian National Congress|
|Hobbies||Dancing, Workout, Listening to Music, Travelling, Bike Riding|
|Controversy||• In 2012, he got involved in a controversy, when Arvind Kejriwal alleged that "Robert Vadra purchased at least 31 properties mostly in New Delhi worth more than ₹300 crore for which money has come from "unsecured interest-free loans from DLF Ltd.""
• After DLF-Robert Vadra controversy, on 1 September 2018, an FIR was filed at Kherki Daula Police Station in Gurugram against Robert Vadra and Bhupinder Singh Hooda (former Haryana Chief Minister) over alleged irregularities in a string of land deals in Gurgaon.
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Girlfriend||Priyanka Gandhi (Politician) (1991-1997)|
|Marriage Date||18 February 1997|
|Wife/Spouse||Priyanka Gandhi (Politician)
|Children||Son- Raihan Vadra
Daughter- Miraya Vadra
|Parents||Father- Rajendra Vadra (Businessman)
Mother- Maureen Vadra (Teacher, Scottish Woman)
|Siblings||Brother- Richard Vadra
Sister- Michelle Vadra
|Car(s) Collection||Mercedes, BMW, Land Rover
• Porsche Panamera
|Bike(s) Collection||Suzuki Intruder, Suzuki Boulevard
|Net Worth (approx.)||$2.1 Billion (₹10,000 Crores)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Robert Vadra
- Robert Vadra is an Indian businessman; who came into the eyes of media after marrying the daughter of Nehru-Gandhi family.
- After the India’s Partition in 1947, his father shifted to India from Sialkot (Pakistan) and started a handicraft business.
- Vadra left his college in mid-way and joined his family business of brassware and artificial jewellery.
- He first met Priyanka Gandhi in 1985 through his sister Michelle Vadra; at that time Priyanka was just 13 years old. He gave support to Priyanka in her tough days after the assassination of Rajiv Gandhi. Not only to Priyanka, but he became a good friend to Rahul Gandhi too.
- Soon, both (Robert and Priyanka) fell in love, and after six years of dating, the couple tied the knot in 1997.
- In 1997, he started Artex (a handicraft business). Later, he diversified into other industries including hospitality and real estate. His mother Maureen Vadra is the Director of all his companies.
- From 2000-2010, he had to face several family tragedies: as in 2001, he lost his sister Michelle Vadra in a car accident; in 2003, his brother Richard Vadra committed suicide; and in 2009, his father’s dead body was found at a Delhi motel.
- From November 2007 to June 2008, he opened a number of companies including Sky Light Realty, Sky Light Hospitality, Real Earth Estates, Blue Breeze Trading, North India IT Parks, and others. All these businesses began with a paid-up capital between ₹5 Lakh to ₹25 Lakh.
- Vadra owns many Hilton Hotels including Hilton Gardens, New Delhi. He also has stakes in DLF (Real Estate Company) and DLF IPL (Indian Premier League).
- In 2010, there have been allegations on Robert Vandra from several Indian politicians that he was connected to the CWG (Commonwealth Games) scam of around ₹10,000 Crores; which were held in India. But, failed in proving it.
- In 2014, he was highly trolled for his “Are you serious?” reaction to the media reporters on asking questions related to the land deal.
- Apart from this, Robert is a fitness freak. This was one of the reasons for his bonding with Rahul Gandhi. Both of them share the same passion for exhausting workouts at the gym.