|Full Name||Khumukcham Sanjita Chanu|
|Famous For||Two time Commonwealth Games Champion in Weightlifting|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 152 cm
in meters- 1.52 m
in feet inches- 5’
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 50 kg
in pounds- 110 lbs
|Event(s)||48 kg and 53 kg|
|Record||She holds the Commonwealth Games record in snatch event with a lift of 85 kg|
|Date of Birth||2 January 1994|
|Age (as in 2018)||24 Years|
|Birthplace||Imphal, Manipur, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Capricorn|
|Hometown||Imphal, Manipur, India|
|Boys, Affairs and More|
|Marital Status||Not Known|
|Parents||Names Not Known|
|Favourite Weightlifter||Kunjarani Devi|
|Favourite Food(s)||Chamthong, Eromba (a delightful combination of rice and fish), Singju (famous Manipuri salad)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Sanjita Chanu
- In 2006, Chanu started weightlifting at the age of twelve.
- She started with 72 kg weightlifting and straightway shifted to 77 kg without dropping even a single weight in the snatch.
- She delivered India its second gold in the 2018 Commonwealth Games. With a total lift of 192 kg, Sanjita defeated Dika Toua of Papua New Guinea.
- She won the first Gold for India at the 2014 Glasgow CW Games. While Chanu won Gold at Glasglow, her fellow weightlifter Mirabai Chanu won a Silver for India.
- After winning gold at CWG 2014, Chanu suffered a back injury and had to give the upcoming Asian Games and the World Weightlifting Championships a miss.
- In the 53 kg weight category, she holds the Commonwealth Games record of 84 kg for the Snatch segment.
- She was a bit unhappy for not finding her name in the final list of Arjuna awardees. Chanu hoped to get her name positioned at least in the final list of Arjuna awardees.
📢⚡TRENDING: List of ICC World Cup Winners (1975-2015)