Height: 6' 1"
Marital Status: Married
Age: 30 Years
|Full Name||James Lee Pattinson Cricbuzz|
|Nickname(s)||Jimmy & Patto Instagram|
|Physical Stats & More|
|cricket.com Height||in centimeters- 186 cm
in meters- 1.86 m
in feet & inches- 6’ 1”
|International Debut||ODI- 13 April 2011 against New Zealand at the Gabba
Test- 01-04 December 2011 against Australia v New Zealand at Brisbane
T20- 13 October 2011 against South Africa v Australia at Cape Town
|Jersey Number||#19 (Australia)|
|Domestic/State Team(s)||• Victoria
• Melbourne Renegades
• Brisbane Heat
• Dandenong Cricket Club
• Kolkata Knight Riders
• Mumbai Indians
|Batting Style||Left-hand bat
|Bowling Style||Right-arm fast-medium|
|Date of Birth||3 May 1990 (Thursday)|
|Age (as in 2020)||30 Years|
|Nationality||Note: James Pattinson holds dual citizenship for both Australia and the UK. The Guardian|
|Food Habit||Non-Vegetarian Instagram|
|Hobbies||Racing & Fishing Instagram|
|Tattoo(s)||Multiple tattoos on his left arm
|Controversies||• In 2013, the Australian team management suspended him and three other Australian players in the middle of a test series, on the grounds of violating code of conduct and discipline rules. Reportedly, they were ousted for failing to create a presentation on how to improve the team's performance after it had lost two test matches consecutively against India. BBC
• In 2019, James Pattinson was handed a one-match ban by the ICC for making a homophobic slur towards an opposing player during the match. Daily Mail
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||2 November 2016|
|Children||Daughter- Lilah Ruby Pattinson (born in October 2018)
|Parents||Father- John Pattinson
Mother- Sue Pattinson
|Sibling||Brother- Darren Pattinson (England cricketer)
Some Lesser Known Facts about James Pattinson
- Born and raised in Grimsby town located in Melbourne, James Pattinson is a professional fast bowler who plays for Australia national cricket team. He is a highly skilled fast bowler who carries the calibre to single-handedly turn matches in favour of his team.
- He was raised in a middle-class family. His father worked as a roof tiler for 45 years of his life.
- His elder brother, Darren Pattinson, is also a professional cricketer who has represented England in one test match, back in 2008. There are very few examples of two brothers who have played international cricket for two different nations.
- Similarly, James was also offered to play for England in 2010; however, he chose not to follow in his elder brother’s footsteps. He kept playing domestic cricket, hoping to represent Australia one day.
- He represented Australia national under-19 cricket team in the 2008 ICC Under-19 Cricket World Cup.
- He came into the limelight in 2010, when playing for his domestic team, Victoria, he achieved the best ever bowling figures (6 wickets for 48 runs) by a Victorian in domestic cricket. He broke a 40-year-old record of best bowling figures set by Graeme Watson in 1970.
- Australian selectors noticed his bowling performances in the domestic circuit, and consequently, handed him Australian caps for all the three cricket formats in 2011.
- He bagged five wickets in his maiden international test match against New Zealand.
- He has delivered fantastic bowling performances wherever he has played; however, his start-stop career has been plagued with injuries which have kept him off the field for the most part of his career.
- IPL franchise KKR had earlier picked James to play in the IPL 2013; however, he was ruled out of that season owing to a non-cricket related medical condition. Eventually, in 2020, Mumbai Indians signed him as a replacement to Lasith Malinga, who opted out of IPL 2020 owing to personal reasons.
- James Pattinson is father to a premature girl. Her daughter Lilah was born six and a half weeks premature.
- James Pattinson maintains a diary, wherein he uses four different colours of the pen to write. With a red pen, he writes a training schedule for the next day, and the other three colours to write about his goals, day-to-day events, and several other things. At bottom of the page, he writes about one thing that he enjoyed the most during his day and one thing which he really admired. cricket.com.au