Saran Shakthi Age, Family, Biography & More
|Physical Stats & More|
|Eye Colour||Dark brown|
|Debut||Film: Kadal (2013); as Young Thomas
TV: Amudha Oru Aacharyakuri (2012)
|Achievement||In 2021, Saran came as the first runner-up in the Tamil reality TV show, Survivor|
|Date of Birth||5 May 1997 (Friday)|
|Age (as of 2021)||24 Years|
|Birthplace||Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India|
|Hometown||Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India|
|Controversy||In the reality TV show, Survivor, Saran was accused of using a mobile phone to contact his family. Saran accused the winner, Vijaylakshmi Feroz fir using a mobile phone as well, but this accusation by Saran could not be proved. astro ulagam|
|Parents||Not much information is available about his parents.
Some Lesser Known Facts About Saran Shakthi
- Saran Shakthi is a South Indian actor who has primarily worked in the Tamil film industry. He started off his career at a very young age. He is well-known for having worked with leading South Indian actors, directors and producers. In 2022, he did a very prominent role in the famous Kannada film, KGF: Chapter 2.
- Saran kickstarted his career in 2012 when he was offered to act in a Tamil daily soap, called Amudha Oru Aacharyakuri, which was directed by a renowned Tamil director, K. Balachander.
- After his acting debut in the TV daily soap, Saran’s acting caught the eyes of many directors and movie producers in the South. In 2013, Saran was given an offer to work in the movie, Kadal, where he depicted the character of Young Thomas. The movie was directed by the famous South Indian director, Mani Ratnam.
- In 2014 alone, Saran acted as a child artist in 3 different Tamil movies. These were, Jilla, Rummy and Sigaram Thodu. His acting skills landed him in the cast of a comedy thriller movie titled Vai Raja Vai, where he played the role of Young Karthik.
- Saran’s acting skills brought him into the limelight and in 2018, Saran was offered a role in a gangster film, Vada Chennai, where Saran played the role of the main lead actress, Aishwarya Rajesh’s younger brother. Saran worked alongside the actor, Dhanush K. Raja. While giving an interview about working with the renowned actor Dhanush, Saran said,
My dream was to work with Vetrimaaran and Dhanush and it happened with Vada Chennai.”
- Saran’s acting skills refined over time, and in 2019, he was offered his first film as a lead artist. The film, Sagaa, depicted Saran Shakthi as a youngster named Sathya. Although the movie could not make it to the box office; the film’s song, Yaayum gained huge popularity among Saran’s fans.
- In 2020, Saran was offered a negative role in the film, Etharkkum Thunindhavan, in which he acted as a henchman of the lead antagonist.
- In 2021, Saran was awarded a supporting role in the film Netrikann, in which he played the role of a delivery boy named Gowtham, who helps a blind woman in solving a criminal case.
- Saran in 2022, was contacted by the director of KGF, Prashanth Neel, and was given a role in KGF: Chapter 2. In an interview, Saran said,
The director was looking to cast someone in the film, for the past three to four months. He considered a lot of Telugu and Kannada actors, but couldn’t find anyone to suit this role. He later saw Vada Chennai and was impressed by my performance and then called me five days before the shoot. I was super kicked, considering KGF is a huge hit. To get a call from another industry was an absolute surprise!”
- Saran made his entry into the reality TV show as a contestant in the first season of the show, Survivor. There, he ended up being the first runner-up in the reality show.
- Sarna’s father has always encouraged and supported him in his acting career. Saran, in an interview, said,
Everyone around me is excited that I’ve signed KGF. My dad and I have always been into cinema, my mom, not so much, but now, she has no other choice!”
- Yash, who is the lead protagonist in the film KGF, was greatly impressed by Saran’s acting in the film, Vada Chennai. Saran told in an interview,
He’s the sweetest person I have ever known. He took me for a walk, put his hand on my shoulder, motivated me a lot and told me that my character was very important. After a few days, when I went to his caravan, he told me that he had seen half of the movie just for me and that I had done a very good job.”
- Saran Shakthi is a pet lover. He also has a pet dog, whom he lovingly calls Peeku.
- Saran Shakthi does not have a family that has a theatrical background, and in an interview, he stated,
For someone who has no Godfather in the film industry, I had to do the usual photoshoots, then go to different film producers’ offices, and show them my pictures and portfolio, etc in order to get a good break as an actor in the film industry.”