Some Lesser Known Facts About Shadi Mar’i
- Shadi Mar’i is a popular Israeli actor.
- He attended Yoram Levinstein acting school in Tel Aviv, Israel.
- He has worked with ‘Beit Lessin Theater’ in Tel Aviv, Israel, and has performed in various theatre plays.
- He debuted in the film, ‘Bethlehem’ (2013), which was selected as the Israeli entry for the Best Foreign Language Film at the 86th Academy Awards in 2014.
- In an interview, Shadi shared his experience on clearing audition for his debut film, ‘Bethlehem’ (2013), he said,
I didn’t know anything, I got interested in acting through an after-school theater class. I didn’t know about salaries or auditions, and when I was picked, I said to myself, ‘Oy va voy, what have I done.’ You feel so responsible, it’s hard to be in a new role, in a big role, and I had no idea what I was doing.”
- He has acted in the films, ‘Lost White City’ and ‘A Borrowed Identity’ in 2014.
- He got immense popularity with the Netflix web-series, ‘Fauda,’ (2015), in which he played the role of Walid Al Abed.
- He is a dog lover and has two pet dogs.
- He was listed in Israel’s Forbes 30 under 30 young leaders in 2020.
- He has a music band and performs live at various events in Israel.