|Real Name||Bhumi Pednekar|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 163 cm
in meters- 1.63 m
in Feet Inches- 5' 4"
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 60 Kg
in Pounds- 132 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||34-28-36|
|Date of Birth||18 July 1989|
|Age (as in 2017)||28 Years|
|Birth Place||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Cancer|
|Hometown||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|School||Arya Vidya Mandir School, Juhu, Mumbai|
|College/University||Whistling Woods International Institute of Film, Communication & Media Arts, Mumbai (was expelled from the Institute owing to poor attendance)
University of Mumbai
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor of Commerce (B. Com.)|
|Debut Film||Dum Laga Ke Haisha
|Family||Father- Late Satish
Sister- Samiksha (Lawyer)
Brother- Not Known
|Hobbies||Reading, Practising Yoga|
|Favourite Food||Missi roti, butter chicken and dal makhni|
|Favourite Actors||Shah Rukh Khan, Salman Khan|
|Favourite Actress||Priyanka Chopra|
|Favourite Film||Raja Hindustani|
|Boys, Affairs and More|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Bhumi Pednekar
- Does Bhumi Pednekar smoke?: No
- Does Bhumi Pednekar drink alcohol?: No
- She comes from a mix of culture as her father is a Maharashtrian and mother a Haryanvi.
- Just a few months before turning 18, Bhumi came to know about a vacancy at Yash Raj Films. Excited by the thought of being around films and cinema, she applied for the post of ‘assistant casting director’ without any second thought. She was eventually selected and served as the assistant casting director for six years, spending the latter 3 years under the tutelage of Shanoo Sharma, YRF’s senior casting director.
- When she was told by Yash Raj films to give a demo for “Dum Laga Ke Haisha”, she had no idea that she was being tested for the film; she thought it was just to demo other actors about the role. Later she gave around 100 auditions for this role.
- When asked the question “Did Ayushmann Khurrana actually pick you up in the race in the last sequence of Dum Laga Ke Haisha?” she replied, “Yesss, he did! In fact, his body double had been called but he could not pick me up! Ayushmann could! He is fit and has been a cricketer!”
- For her role in Dum Laga Ke Haisha, Bhumi gained around 25 kg of weight. Post the film’s release, she subsequently lost around 27 kg.
- She has seen Kamaal Rashid Khan a.k.a KRK’s Deshdrohi around 100 times.
- She’s a huge fan of football star Lionel Messi.
- Her Facebook and Twitter ‘Bio’ suggest that she aspires to be a ‘leader.’