|Real Name||Shafqat Amanat Ali Khan|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.70 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 7”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 83 kg
in Pounds- 183 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||- Chest: 41 Inches
- Waist: 33 Inches
- Biceps: 13 Inches
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Date of Birth||26 February 1965|
|Age (as in 2017)||52 Years|
|Birth Place||Lahore, Punjab, Pakistan|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Pisces|
|Hometown||Lahore, Punjab, Pakistan|
|College/ University||Government College University, Lahore|
|Singing Debut||Pakistan: 'Khamaj' from the album Saagar (2002)
Bollywood: 'Mitwa' from the film Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna (2006)
|Family||Father- Ustad Amanat Ali Khan
Mother- Almas Amanat Ali Khan
Brother- Late Asad Amanat Ali Khan
|Major Controversies||To mark the opening ceremony of Pakistan vs India match at ICC World Cup T20 2016, Ali was selected to represent Pakistan for their National Anthem. His performance disappointed the fans back in Pakistan because of the glitches and errors, which at that time sounded as if he had forgotten a few parts of the Anthem. Some of his fans took the matter to Twitter.
He later apologised for the mistake he had committed.
|Favourite Band||Guns 'n' Roses|
|Favourite Drama Series||Scorpion|
|Favourite Singers||Lata Mangeshkar, Ghulam Ali Khan, Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan, Michael Jackson|
|Favourite Poets||Bulleh Shah, Faiz Ahmed Faiz|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Children||Son- Not Known
Daughter- Not Known
Some Lesser Known Facts About Shafqat Amanat Ali
- Does Shafqat Amanat Ali smoke: Not Known
- Does Shafqat Amanat Ali drink alcohol: Not Known
- Though Ali comes from a family of Pakistani classical singers, he specializes in fusion music. He belongs to Patiala Gharana and is the ninth generation of lineage.
- While talking to India Today, he revealed that his first salary was mere INR 3000 which he had received on working as a music teacher in a school. However, owing to his family customs, he handed over the entire amount to his grandmother.
- Before getting the popularity in India through his song ‘Mitwa’ from the film ‘Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna,’ he was a famous lead vocalist of Fuzön, a pop rock band based in Karachi, Pakistan which split up back in 2006.
- The nickname ‘Rockstar Ustaad’ was given to him by music composer Salim Merchant when they first met for the recording of ‘Yeh Honsla.’ Salim thought Ali would be in a crisp kurta-pyjama with a shawl, but when Ali came, he was wearing Jeans and T-shirt with a ponytail on the head. This surprised Salim, and when he finally heard Ali singing classical, the nickname automatically came out of his tongue.
- In March 2008, Pervez Musharraf, the then President of Pakistan, conferred on him the ‘President’s Pride of Performance Award’ for his outstanding achievements in the field of art & culture.
📢⚡TRENDING: List of ICC World Cup Winners (1975-2015)