Hometown: Faridabad, Haryana
Age: 26 Years
Husband: Hassan Ali
|Other Name(s)||Shamiya Arzoo Khan, Shamiya Aarju, Samiya Arzoo, Samia Arzoo|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 172 cm
in meters- 1.72 m
in feet inches- 5’ 8”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 55 kg
in pounds- 121 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||32-30-32|
|Date of Birth||15 September 1995 (Friday)|
|Age (as of 2021)||26 Years|
|Birthplace||Chandeni Village, Nuh District, Haryana, India|
|College/University||Manav Rachna University, Faridabad|
|Educational Qualification||B.Tech. (Aeronautical Engineering)|
|Controversy||Following the semi final match between Australia and Pakistan during the T20 World Cup in which her husband, Hasan Ali, dropped the crucial catch of Matthew Wade, Shamia and her family allegedly received threats from Pakistan fans; however, she later took to social media to rubish threat rumours and said that she and her family received huge support from Pakistan fans. CricTracker|
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||20 August 2019 (Tuesday)
|Marriage Place||Atlantis, The Palm, Dubai|
|Husband/Spouse||Hasan Ali (Cricketer)
|Parents||Father- Liyaqat Ali (Retired Block Development Officer)
|Siblings||Brother- Anwar Ali
Sister(s)- Bilkis, Mumtaz
Some Lesser Known Facts About Shamia Arzoo
- After completing her graduation, she started working as an Air Hostess in Jet Airways. Thereafter, she shifted to Emirates Airlines as a flight engineer.
- Shamia’s family lives in Faridabad while she has been staying in Dubai for the last three years.
- After the Indian Tennis Sensation, Sania Mirza, Shamia would be the first Indian to get married to a Pakistani cricketer.
- In an interview, her father said that he didn’t differentiate between India and Pakistan; as most of his relatives were staying in Pakistan after India’s partition. He also said that the former MP and Pakistan Railway Board’s Chairman, Sardar Tufail was his relative and it was he who had fixed Shamia’s marriage with Hasan Ali.
- After the news about his marriage, Hassan Ali took to Twitter to clarify about his marriage, he posted- “just wanna clarify my wedding is not confirmed yet, our families have yet to meet and decide upon it. will make a public announcement very soon in sha allah.”
just wanna clarify my wedding is not confirmed yet, our families have yet to meet and decide upon it. will make a public announcement very soon in sha allah. #gettingreadyforfamilymeetup
— Hassan Ali 🇵🇰 (@RealHa55an) July 30, 2019