Some Lesser Known Facts About Mayank Tewari
- Does Neeraj Kabi smoke?: Not Known
- Does Neeraj Kabi drink alcohol?: Yes
- He was born in Nainital, Uttrakhand but was bought up in Delhi. He completed his schooling and higher studies from Delhi itself.
- He was the manager of a Delhi-based band “Menwhopause.”
- Earlier, he used to do stand-up comedy at the local clubs and bars in Mumbai.
- Prior to becoming a typical Bollywood movie writer, he was an investigative journalist and had been practicing with The Pioneer, Hindustan Times, DNA, and Asian Age.
- In 2008, he moved to Mumbai and worked as a Journalist for two years.
- Mayank loves writing and reciting poems. In 2010, Amit Masurkar (director), spotted Tewari reciting poems at an open mic in Mumbai. Amit was quite impressed by Tewari and offered him to write dialogues for his film Ragini MMS.
- In 2014, he made his debut film as an actor and writer as well, “Sulemani Keeda” directed by Amit Masurkar. It starred TVF actor Naveen Kasturia and Mayank Tewari in the pivotal roles.
- After Sulemani Keeda happened, he wandered for around two years in search of a role, but no one wanted to cast him as an actor. He was suffering from high-octane double depression when director Amit helped him out of the depression and asked him to write for his next venture ‘Newton.’
- He is known for co-writing the film, “Newton,” starring Rajkummar Rao, Raghubir Yadav, Pankaj Tripathi, and Anjali Patil. The film went on to become India’s official entry to the Oscars in the Best Foreign Film category 2018.
- He won the Best Screenplay Award for his film Newton at the 12th Asian Film Awards.
- He has co-written the film “The Accidental Prime Minister,” along with Vijay Ratnakar Gutte and Jody Medland.
📢⚡TRENDING: List of ICC World Cup Winners (1975-2015)