|Famous for||Being the youngest Indian golfer to qualify for Ladies European Tour.|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 178 cm
in meters- 1.78 m
in feet & inches- 5'10”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 60 kg
in pounds- 132.2 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||34-26-34|
|Eye Colour||Lavender Grey|
|Hair Colour||Medium Golden Blonde|
|Active Tour(s)||• Symetra Tour
• Ladies European Tour
|Former Tour(s)||• European Tour
• Asian Tour
|European Tour||1 win|
|Asian Tour||1 win|
|Awards||• Lady golfer of the year (IGULS) (2007)
• Player of the Year (WGAI) (2010)
|Coach|| Tarun Sardesai
|Date of Birth||12 March 1991 (Tuesday)|
|Age (as of 2021)||30 Years|
|School||• Bishop Cotton Girls' School (Till 10th)
• Bangalore International school (Till 12th)
|Tatoo||Butterfly on the lower back
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Father- Marc Nicollet (Software Professional)
Mother- Surekha Nicollet (Perfumer)
|Food||Italian, Chinese, Sushi|
|Golf Course||Golf courses in England|
|Holiday Destination||London, Turkey|
|Cars Collection||• Audi V10+ Sharmila Nicollet- Instagram
• Chevrolet Camaro
Some Lesser Known Facts About Sharmila Nicottel
- Does Sharmila Nicollet drink alcohol?: Yes
- Known for her beauty and looks, Sharmila Nicollet is an Indian golfer. Her father is French and her mother is an Indian. Her mother owns a Padmini Aroma Ltd in Bangalore.
- Sharmila started playing golf in 2002 at the age of 11. She won the first tournament when she was 15.
- She is not just a golfer but also a former national sub-junior swimming champion. Between 1997 and 2001, she won 72 gold and silver medals on state and national levels.
- In 2006, she was the Indian representative in Asian Games at Doha. She also presented India in Asia Pacific Junior Golf Tournament in San Diego, Queen Sirikit Cup in Japan and the Malaysian Open.
- She became the youngest player to win the All-India Ladies Amateur Championship in 2007-2008. This event happened before the 2007 Ladies European Tour event that was to take place in India in 2007.
- Her present coach and her past coach always thought that she had a lot of potentials to do big things as she had the natural aptitude for the game.
- At the age of 18, she started playing golf professionally. She became the youngest Indian lady to qualify for the Ladies European Tour in 2012.
- She also won the Order of Merit on India’s Women’s Golf Association held in 2009-2010.
- In 2011, she completed the T22 in Hero Honda Women’s Indian Open. In the same year, she qualified for the British Open.
- Her achievements also count the Hero-KGA tournament in 2012 and Hero-WPGT in 2015.
- During an interview, when she was asked how much women`s golf has changed over the years, she said,
So from when I first turned pro, how far they have come right now. In terms of players getting better in scoring getting better, under par scores as winning scores. Girls like Aditi Ashok and the rest playing overseas. So it’s nice and it changes the perception of Indian golf when the girls are performing abroad. So it’s doing great and the Indian Open has always been a tournament we have had which is one of the biggest events of the year and so for that to come down, it gives us a chance to showcase our talent and rub shoulders with the best players.”
- In 2011, Sharmila said that she wanted to play in the 2016 Olympics and win a gold medal for India. She said in an interview that the Olympics was a big event. She added that when she played in the Asian Games some years ago, she was young and now she could make a mark in Olympics.
- In 2016, she also appeared in the Femina list of power.
- In 2018, she won the China LPGA Tour.
- In 2019, she met with an accident and was seriously injured but she made a comeback and, she played Symetra Tour.
- In 2020, she played Joburg Ladies Open and won seven-over 79.
- In an interview, Sharmila said that she practices six hours a day and works out for 2 hours. On her Instagram, she shares videos of her working out in the gym and, videos of her practising golf.
- On a day off she goes out with her friends and she parties.
- During her free time, she takes care of her fish, turtles and dogs. She has 7 dogs. She also does shoots for magazine covers and cooperates events. She does fashion photography and car modification as well.
- In 2013, she appeared in the Elle Magazine.
- As a kid, she was seen in the advertisement for Kwality Walls. Afterwards, she was seen in an advertising campaign for Puma, Marriot, Krishnapatnam Port.
- According to her, she is an aggressive player as a golfer and is really competitive. She thinks that golf is the toughest sport out of the other sports she had played.
- In an interview, she advised other young golfers to stay dedicated and make sacrifices so that they can achieve big things.
- Sharmila often posts photos of herself on social media sites. The fans get astonished by her beauty seen in the photos. Her fashion statement is: Look good, play well. Look smart, play smart.
- She usually wears a pink colour dress on the last day of her tournament.
- Currently, she is active on Twitter and can be seen posting about Tokyo Olympics.