Some Lesser Known Facts About P. V. Sindhu
- Does P. V. Sindhu smoke: No
- Does P. V. Sindhu drink alcohol: Not Known
- Sindhu learned the basics of sports at the Indian Railway Institute in Secunderabad under the guidance of Mehboob Ali. Later she joined Pullela Gopichand’s badminton academy and is currently coached by him. Notably, Gopichand is also Indian Badminton team’s chief coach.
- Sindhu is a very hard working athlete. She has been following a stringent training schedule where in she starts practicing Badminton every morning at 4.15 A.M sharp.
- She was named the 2014 NDTV Indian of the year.
- Sindhu’s Parents are former Volleyball players.
- In the year 2000, her father P. V. Ramana was awarded with the Arjuna Award for his contribution towards national Volleyball.
- Her best performance came in 2012 Li Ning China Masters Super Series competition when she defeated the 2012 London Olympics gold medalist Li Xuerui of China.
- on 30 March 2015, she received India’s 4th highest civilian honor Padma Shri.
📢⚡TRENDING: URI is surging to become a Blockbuster, check the salary of Uri actors here⚡