|Other name||Sheraa Instagram – Being Sheraa|
|Full name||Gurmeet Singh Jolly DNA India|
|Profession(s)||Celebrity Bodyguard, Entrepreneur|
|Known For||Being the personal bodyguard of the Indian actor Salman Khan|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 183 cm
in meters- 1.83 m
in feet & inches- 6’
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 85 kg
in pounds- 187 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||- Chest: 44 Inches
- Waist: 34 Inches
- Biceps: 19 Inches
|Awards||• 2018: Arogya Ratna Award by Ambabai Talim Sanstha from Sanjay Bhokare Group of Companies
• 2018: Best Celebrity Bodyguard from Cama Awards and Gujarat Tourism
• 2019: Best Celebrity Bodyguard from Maharashtra Rajya Marathi Patrakaar Sangh
• 2019: Best Security Agency for Tiger Security Services from Golden Glory Award
• 2020: Punjab Youth Icon Award from the Punjab Government
• 2020: Dada Saheb Phalke Icon Award
|Date of Birth||19 May 1969 (Monday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||53 Years|
|School||Sheth Chunilal Damodardas Barfivala High School, Mumbai|
|College/University||Bhavan’s College, Mumbai|
|Educational Qualification||Class 11 (dropped-out) Live Mint|
|Religion||Sikhism Live Mint|
|Political Inclination||Shiv Sena The Times of India
|Controversy||Police Complaint Filed For Assaulting a Man
On 25 October 2016, a case was filed against Shera at DN Nagar Police Station, Mumbai, for physically assaulting a man. A case under IPC sections 326 (voluntarily causing grievous hurt by dangerous weapons or means), 506 (2) (criminal intimidation), 323 (voluntarily causing hurt), 504 (intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of the peace), and 34 (common intention) was filed against Shera. However, Shera denied all the allegations and said that he was attacked by a group of people. Mid-Day He said,
"Nothing happened on Tuesday. I went to meet a friend at Kokilaben Hospital, then I went to Pop Tate’s where I had a verbal argument on the phone, but no physical scuffle. The police came to my house in the morning and now I am accompanying them to the DN Nagar Police Station. I don’t know the details of the charges against me.”
In an interview, the local police official said,
"There were a few people who tried to chase Shera’s car right from Juhu till Andheri and even tried to force him to stop by blocking his way, but he didn’t stop. From the CCTV footage, it looks like these people had planned to beat up Shera. However, the reason is yet to be ascertained.”
Shera was then proven innocent in the case.
|Relationships & More|
|Wife/Spouse||Name Not Known|
|Children||Son- Tiger aka Abir Siingh (actor and assistant director)
|Parents||Father- Nandjee Singh (owned a garage named A to Z Singh’s Garage & Automobile Shop in Mumbai)
Mother- Uma Shankar Mishra
|Salary (approx.)||As of 2022, he earns Rs 2 crores annually. The Siasat Daily|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Shera
- Shera is an Indian celebrity bodyguard and entrepreneur who has been working with the Indian actor Salman Khan as a personal bodyguard for a very long time.
- Since childhood, he was inclined towards weightlifting, riding motorcycles, and driving cars.
- While he was in his teens, he thought of making his career in modelling, but his family’s financial condition was not good, so he started assisting his father in his (father’s) garage shop.
- Thereafter, Shera started his career as a bodybuilder and participated in various bodybuilding competitions. He won Mr Mumbai junior title in 1987. In 1988, he finished second in Mr Maharashtra junior competition.
- In an interview, Shera shared that earlier, he used to wear a turban, but because of the nature of his job, he had to give up the turban. He said,
Earlier I used to wear a turban. I am a Sikh. Because of my job I had to leave the turban. It was not possible to keep because of the crowds. So I had to cut my hair. I started wearing a cap and all.”
- In the early 1990s, he was approached by many Indian celebrities to work for them as a bodyguard. He has even worked for many international celebrities such as Michael Jackson, Will Smith, Paris Hilton, Mike Tyson, and Jackie Chan as a part of their security team. During an interview, Shera shared that it was Andre Timmins, founder of entertainment events company Wizcraft, who guided him to work in the security team. Shera further shared that Andre was his neighbour, and later, offered Shera a job in his (Andre’s) company’s security department.
- In 1995, Shera met Salman Khan for the first time at the Whigfield concert, where Shera was a part of the security team. Shera met Salman Khan for the second time at the party of Canadian actor Keanu Reeves.
- In the late 1990s, while Salman Khan was in Chandigarh to attend an event, the crowd went out of control and violated his privacy terms. Salman khan’s brother Sohail Khan, who had met Shera earlier at a party and was impressed with his work decided to hire Shera as a personal bodyguard of Salman. In an interview, while remembering his initial days with Salman Khan, Shera said,
During one of my early assignments, I was at Indore with Maalik. We were travelling by car on this very small road where there were a lot of fans present and other people walking as well. There was only one small road to go and come, and we were getting late. I was little tired also. He gave me a pill. Bole (Khan said) ‘Have this’. One dose of something he gave me. I had it. You can’t believe it: I ran 8 km in front of his car to clear the road (of fans). That was the job I did with bhai. Since then, I have been like family for Maalik.”
In the same interview, Shera shared that he also used to check the security arrangements for Salman a day before his shooting schedule, and only after being assured about Salman’s security, he used to escort Salman Khan to the shooting location.
- Once, Shera shared that the most difficult phase for him as a personal bodyguard of Salman was when Salman was running from court to court for his hit-and-run and black buck cases. Shera said that he used to feel bad for Salman at that time. He further shared that he tried his best to hide Salman from the media and crowd during that phase.
- Shera calls Salman ‘Maalik’ as Shera believes that Salman has done a lot for him. In an interview, while talking about it, he said,
Maalik means master and Salman Maalik is everything to me. Who else has ever done such a thing for his bodyguard in the industry? I will lay down my life for him. He is my god. Jab tak zinda hoon, bhai ke saath rahunga. I always tell people that they will never see me standing behind or next to bhai. I will be standing in front of him, looking out for any threat. He had added, “I am like a horse decked up at a wedding to carry the groom. I am only concerned about my Maalik (Salman) and wherever he goes, I am there. I am his Yes Man. To date, whatever Maalik has asked, I’ve done. That is why I am a part of Maalik’s family.”
- On 17 October 1996, Shera started a security services company named Tiger Security Services, named after his son, Tiger. His company provides security services to many national and international celebrities.
- In 2011, Salman Khan appeared in the Hindi film ‘Bodyguard,’ which he dedicated to Shera. The film also featured Shera in the title track. In the film, Salman wore the uniform of a bodyguard with the logo of Shera’s security services company ‘Tiger Security Services.’ In an interview, while talking about it, Shera said,
He has made this film (Bodyguard) about me, he has made me dance, he has begun the publicity for it from me, he has worn my company’s logo in the film, how much mileage he has given me.”
- In October 2019, the Indian political party Shiv Sena took to its Twitter account to announce that Shera has joined the party. The tweet reads,
अभिनेते सलमान खान जी यांचे निष्ठावंत व विश्वासू गुरमीत सिंग उर्फ शेरा जी यांनी आज मातोश्री निवासस्थानी येथे शिवसेना पक्षप्रमुख मा. श्री. उद्धव साहेब ठाकरे आणि युवासेनाप्रमुख. यांच्या उपस्थितीत शिवसेनेत जाहीर प्रवेश केला.”
Its English translation is,
Actor Salman Khan’s loyal and faithful Gurmeet Singh aka Shera ji, today at Matoshree residence, Shiv Sena party chief Ma. Mister. Uddhav Saheb Thackeray and Yuva Sena chief. In the presence of Shiv Sena made a public entry.”
- In 2022, Shera handled the security services of the famous Canadian singer Justin Bieber during his music concert ‘Justin Bieber Justice World Tour – India.’ In an interview, while talking about safeguarding Justin during his tour to India, Shera said,
We went to Gateway of India (in Mumbai) in the night, and to the slums the next day, the ones near Shivaji Nagar. Next time, I wanted to take him in a helicopter but he insisted on travelling in my car. He was using my car. He wanted to have coffee in a mall and he got down on Vashi road, to go to In orbit Mall. He went to Starbucks, and by the time he reached there, everything went haywire and people started gathering. Before panic could take over, I had to pull him back in the van and immediately book a room in a nearby hotel for his safety.”
- Shera occasionally consumes alcohol.
- He has a dog named Tequila, who has won various dog show competitions.
- He has been invited as a chief guest at various stage shows and events.
- Shera is a religious person. He regularly visits various spiritual places like temples and gurudwaras.
- He enjoys horse riding and doing various adventure sports.
- In 2022, he became one of the members of Chandigarh Kings in the cricket league ‘Entertainment Premier League.’
- Shera has a Harley-Davidson VRSC motorcycle and a Thar car.
- To maintain his fitness, he follows a regular workout regimen.