Age: 66 Years
Wife: Akie Matsuzaki
|Political Party||Liberal Democratic Party
|Political Journey||1993: Elected to Japan's House of Representatives
1999: Became Director of the Committee on Health and Welfare and also Director of the Liberal Democratic Party's (LDP) Social Affairs Division
2000-2003: Served as Deputy Chief Cabinet Secretary of the Liberal Democratic Party (LDP)
2005-2006: Remained Chief Cabinet Secretary of the LDP
2006: On 26 September, became the Prime MInister of Japan for the first time
2007: On 12 September, announced his resignation
2012: on 26 September, won a run-off election for the leadership of the LDP, and on 26 December, again elected Prime Minister by the Japanse Parliament
2017: On 22 October, swept to a resounding victory in a snap election
2020: On 28 August, resigned as the Prime Minister of Japan for health reasons BBC
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 173 cm
in meters- 1.73 m
in feet inches- 5’ 8”
|Date of Birth||21 September 1954|
|Age (as in 2020)||66 Years|
|Hometown||Nagato, Yamaguchi Prefecture, Japan|
|School||Seikei Elementary School, Musashino, Japan
Seikei Junior High School, Musashino, Japan
Seikei Senior High School, Musashino, Japan
|College/University||Seikei University, Musashino, Tokyo, Japan
The University of Southern California's School of Public Policy, Los Angeles & Sacramento, California, USA
|Educational Qualification||A Bachelor's Degree in Political Science from Seikei University in 1977
Studied Public Policy at the University of Southern California's School of Public Policy for 3 semesters
|Family||Grandfather (Maternal)- Kan Abe (Politician)
Father- Shintaro Abe (Politician)
Mother- Yoko Kishi (Politician)
Brothers- Hironobu (Politician, Elder), Nobuo Kishi (Politician)
|Address||Kantei, 2-3-1 Nagata-chō, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 100-8968
|Controversies||• On 1 March 2007, he sparked controversy by his statement that the foreign "comfort women" who staffed Japanese military brothels during the Second World War were not coerced into the work. However, he apologized on 26 March 2007.
• In 2013, He ignited a firestorm of criticism and condemnation among neighbouring countries after visiting a controversial war shrine, The Yasukuni Shrine, in Tokyo. The Shrine is regarded by China, North Korea and South Korea as a symbol of Japan's imperial military past.
|Food||Korean BBQ, Ramen, Ice Cream, Watermelon, Miso Soup with Clams|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Wife/Spouse||Akie Matsuzaki aka "Akky"
|Marriage Date||Year 1987|
|Net Worth (approx.)||$10 million|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Shinzō Abe
- He was born to a politically prominent family in Tokyo.
- Abe’s family is originally from Yamaguchi Prefecture.
- His mother, Yoko Kishi, is the daughter of Nobusuke Kishi (former Prime Minister of Japan from 1957 to 1960).
- Shinzo’s father, Shintaro Abe, served as Foreign Minister of Japan from 1982 to 1986.
- After studying Public Policy from the United States, Abe started working for Kobe Steel in April 1979.
- In 1982, he left the company and pursued a number of government positions.
- In 1987, Shinzo Abe married to Akie Abe, and the couple has no children.
- In 1991, his father died.
- In 1993, he was elected to the first district of Yamaguchi Prefecture.
- On 14 August 2015, during a speech marking the 70th anniversary of World War II, Abe expressed his remorse for Japan’s participation in the War but gave no new apology for its actions.
- Shinzo Abe is the 1st Japanese Prime Minister born after World War II.
- Abe is also the 3rd longest serving Prime Minister of the post-war Japan.
- He was the 1st foreign leader to meet the U.S. President Donald Trump at Trump Tower.
- On 28 August 2020, Mr. Abe resigned as the Prime Minister of Japan citing health reasons. Reportedly, he has been suffering from “ulcerative colitis,” an inflammatory bowel disease, since he was a teenager. While sending his resignation, Mr. Abe said,