Age: 24 Years
Marital Status: Unmarried
|Real name||Shubhneet Singh|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 175 cm
in meters- 1.75 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 9”
|Debut||Song: We Rollin (2021)
|Date of Birth||10 August 1998 (Monday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||24 Years|
|Birthplace||Nangal, Punjab, India|
|Controversies||• Criticized for Sharing a Morphed Picture of India
In 2023, Shubh was slammed by netizens after he posted a deformed map of India on Instagram. In the post, it was clearly seen that the Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir, Punjab, and the Northeast states of India were cut off.
Shubh wrote- "Pray For Punjab" below this map; however, he later deleted the picture after Bollywood actress Kangana Ranaut reacted to his story and said,
"Yeh Khalistani Virus wali bimari wahan kaafi Punjabi celebrities ko pakdi hue hai..beheading India in its map should have serious legal consequences… GOI must make strong laws against such criminals..do din jail ki hawa khilake, inke dimaag ke Khalistan mein answer bhar do, fill in the blanks kardo inn sabka (sic).”
After this, Shubh posted a new Instagram story in which he wrote "Pray for Punjab" on a plain background. Telangana Today Shubh later faced criticism for his actions from various other famous personalities; Virat Kohli showed is disappointment by unfollowed him on Instagram. On 19 September 2023, the electronics brand BoAt withdrew its sponsorship from Shubh's concert, which was scheduled to take place in India later that year.
• A Controversial Hoodie: In 2023, Shubh found himself clouded in controversy when a viral video of him him wearing a hoodie allegedly featuring illustrations related to the assassination of former Indian Prime Minister Indira Gandhi during a concert in London. This video soon sparked a significant backlash, including criticism from many including actor Kangana Ranaut. Shubh later took to social media and explained that he felt disturbed by items, including clothing and jewelry, being thrown at him during the concert. He, moreover, called for an end to the negativity directed at him.
Some media, on the other hand, questioned about the authencity of the video. It was also reported that the video featuring Shubh wearing the controversial hoodie was posted by a pro-Khalistani group on social media. Reports further claimed that the hoodie Shubh actually wore at the concert appeared to feature a map of Punjab with the districts' names clearly written on it, and the controversial illustrations were not present. DNA
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Father- Avtar Singh (professor)
Mother- Jagjeet Kaur (professor)
Brother- Ravneet Singh (anchor, actor, singer)
Some Lesser Known Facts About Shubh
- Shubh is an India-born Canada-based singer, songwriter, lyricist, composer, and rapper, who is popularly known for his Punjabi songs We Rollin (2021), Elevated (2021), and No Love (2022).
- He pursued his higher studies in Toronto, Canada.
- Punjabi sensation Shubh started his career with the song We Rollin (2021), which is also his breakout debut single, gaining more than 125 million views on YouTube.
- In the six months since he made his debut with the song We Rollin, he earned more than 250 million views on his videos.
- Shubh’s song Elevated was released in 2021 whereas its music video came out in 2022. As of 2023, ‘Elevated’ gained more than 65 million views on YouTube.
- Shubh took it to his Instagram handle after his song ‘No Love’ (2022) crossed 200 million streams on Spotify.
- Shubh released several Punjabi songs like Offshore (2021), Her (2022), and Baller (2022). For the song Baller, Shubh collaborated with singer Ikwinder Singh (aka Ikky). This song charted on the Billboard Canadian Hot 100 in October 2022.
- In 2021, Shubh worked as a featured artist in the song ‘Don’t Look,’ by Canada-based artist Irman Thiara.
- Punjabi singer Yo Yo Honey Singh once said in an interview that Shubh was the future of the industry and would always shine bright with his songs.
- Most of Shubh’s songs have been featured on the Official Charts Company and Official New Zealand Music Chart.
- More than 8 million users listen to his songs on Spotify in a month.
- Shubh has more than 2.30 million subscribers on YouTube as of 2023.
- Shubh made headlines in 2022 when Virat Kohli, the most-followed Indian on Instagram, started following him on Instagram. Virat mentioned Shubh in a comment in 2022 and said Shubh was his favourite artist.
- In 2023, a video of Virat Kohli and his wife, Anushka Sharma, dancing to Shubh’s song We Rollin in a gym in Bangalore went viral; however, in the same year, Virat Kohli chose to unfollow Shubh on Instagram after Shubh posted a picture in support for the Khalistan movement.
Virat Kohli and Anushka Sharma dancing on a Punjabi song.
Video of the day! pic.twitter.com/dzPIeMs8G0
— Mufaddal Vohra (@mufaddal_vohra) April 24, 2023