|Shubhdeep Singh Sidhu Filmfare
|Sidhu Moose Wala, Moosewala
|Singing the song 'So High'
|Physical Stats & More
|in centimeters- 185 cm
in meters- 1.85 m
in feet inches- 6’ 1”
|in kilograms- 85 kg
in pounds- 187 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)
|- Chest: 44 inches
- Waist: 32 inches
- Biceps: 14 inches
|Lyricist: Licence- by Ninja (2016)
Singing (Duet): Belong Karda with Gurlez Akhtar
Film- Teri Meri Jodi (2019)
|Last Ride (15 May 2022) Amar Ujala
|Jattan Da Munda Gaun Lagya (2022)
|Indian National Congress (INC)
Note: He joined the Indian National Congress on 3 December 2021 in the presence of Chief Minister Charanjit Singh Channi and PPCC chief Navjot Singh Sidhu. The Indian Express
|Date of Birth
|11 June 1993 (Friday)
|Village Moosa, Mansa, Punjab, India
|Date of Death
|29 May 2022
|Place of Death
|Near Jawaharke village, Mansa, Punjab
|Age (at the time of death)
|Shot Dead in an Attack The Times of India
|Village Moosa, Mansa, Punjab, India
|S.Chetan Singh Sarvhitkari Sr. Sec. Vidya Mandir, Mansa, Punjab Sidhu's Facebook Account
|Guru Nanak Dev Engineering College, Ludhiana, Punjab
|2016: Degree in Electrical Engineering Filmfare
|Playing Musical Instruments, Driving, Shopping
|Village Moosa, District Mansa, Punjab, India
|He had inked six tattoos:
• ‘Dasam Granth Quote’ tattoo on his right shoulder and arm
• ‘Skin Mask’ tattoo on his right forearm
• ‘Ak 47’ tattoo on his right forearm
• ‘Skull’ tattoo on his right forearm
• ‘Logo’ tattoo on his right forearm
• Tattoo on his right forearm
|• Rivalry with Karan Aujla
Sidhu Moose Wala was a close friend of Karan Aujla, but a war of words began between the two when Karan allegedly leaked Sidhu's songs before the songs were officially recorded. In 2018, Karan tried to defame Sidhu by releasing the songs 'Up & Down' along with Deep Jandu and 'Lafaafe' with Sanam Bhullar. Moosewala responded to it by releasing his song 'Warning Shots' attacking Karan. Chacha Sinri
• Promoting Provocative Songs
A complaint was filed by Professor Dhanevar against Sidhu's mother to the Director of Rural Development And Panchayats Department, SAS Nagar, Mohali. Dhanevar mentioned about the provocative songs sung by Charan Kaur's son. However, later, she wrote an apology letter to him, stating that her son would not sing such songs in future.
• SYL Song Removed from the YouTube
In June 2022, his last song, released after his death, was removed from the YouTube after the Centre filed a legal complaint against the song. The song was released by producer MXRCI on 23 June 2022 and garnered over 27 million views. The song talks about the Sutlej-Yamuna Link canal, which is considered a bone of contention between Punjab and Haryana. The song also talks about undivided Punjab, the 1984 anti-Sikh Riots, and hoisting of the Sikh flag at the Red Fort during the farmer agitation. Hindustan Times
|Relationships & More
|Marital Status (at the time of death)
|Amandeep Kaur Pinkivilla
|Father- Balkaur Singh (Retired Army personnel and a farmer)
Mother- Charanjeet Kaur Sidhu (Sarpanch of the village Moosa)
|Butter Chicken, Rajma
|Louis Vuitton, Armani
|Black, Red, Blue
|• Mahindra Thar Jeep
• Range Rover
• Mercedes Benz
• Toyota Fortuner
|According to media sources, Sidhu used to charge 6 to 8 Lakh rupees for a night club show and 15 to 20 Lakh rupees for a live music concert show. Navbharat Times
|Assets/Properties Navbharat Times
|Cash: Rs. 5 Lakh
Bank: Rs. 5 Crores
Jewellery: Rs. 18 Lakhs
|Net Worth (approx.)
|Rs. 8 Crores Navbharat Times
Some Lesser Known Facts About Sidhu Moose Wala
- Sidhu Moose Wala was an Indian singer, rapper, and actor who worked in Punjabi music and Punjabi cinema. In 2016, he began his career as a lyricist with the song “License” by Punjabi singer Ninja. In 2017, he made his debut as a singer with the duet song titled “G Wagon.” Later, he collaborated with the music band Brown Boyz and worked as a singer and lyricist for various songs under the music production company Humble Music. On 29 May 2022, he was shot dead by unknown assailants in the village Jawaharke of Mansa district in Punjab.
- His name Moose Wala is after his native village named Moosa; the village is situated in the Mansa district of Punjab.
- He started singing folk songs when he was in 5th standard.
- In 2015, when Sidhu Moose Wala was pursuing his graduation, he approached a popular Punjabi lyricist for a song. The writer kept making excuses and denied giving Sidhu a song, it was then that he got determined to write his own lyrics.
- He started his career as a lyricist in 2016 and went on to work with many popular Punjabi singers including Deep Jandu, Elly Mangat, and Karan Aujla.
- Soon after completing his college studies, Sidhu Moose Wala shifted to Brampton, Ontario, Canada in 2016. He released his debut song “G Wagon” during his stay in Canada.
- In 2017, Sidhu Moose Wala released his song “So High” which gave a major breakthrough in his career. “So High” was a gangster rap made in collaboration with Byg Byrd. In the same year, he won the Best Lyricist award at the Brit Asia TV Music Awards for this song. In the same year, Sidhu Moose Wala released several singles including “Issa Jatt,” “Tochan,” “Selfmade,” “Famous,” and “Warning Shots.”
- In 2018, Sidhu Moose Wala began performing at various live music concerts in India and Canada. In 2018, for the song Issa Jatt, he was nominated for the Best New Age Sensation award by PTC Punjabi Music Awards. In August 2018, Sidhu Moose Wala wrote the lyrics of the song “Dollar” for the Punjabi film Dakuaan Da Munda. After two months, he released a music album PBX 1, which charted on the Canadian Albums Chart in the pop music genre.
- In 2018, Sidhu Moose Wala released the song ‘Just Listen’, especially for his haters.
- In December 2018, Sidhu Moose Wala actively campaigned for his mother, who won the sarpanch election from the village Moosa in Punjab.
- In 2019, PBX 1 was awarded the Best Album Award by the Brit Asia TV Music Awards. The album PBX 1 was released under the banner of the T-Series music company. During this award show, Sidhu Moose Wala’s track “Legend” won the Track of the Year award, and he won the Best International Male Act and Best Lyricist awards.
- In 2019, Sidhu Moose Wala released a series of songs such as Sidhu’s Anthem, Mafia Style, Poison, Sohne Lagde, and Homicide under his own name record label. During the same time, Punjabi producer Prem Dhillon released the song “Boot Cut” with him. In June 2019, it was announced that a concert by Sidhu Moose Wala was going to be organised at the Surrey Music Festival, but it was cancelled due to some violent activities that had happened in Sidhu Moosewala’s past concerts. In the same year, his song “47” was listed among the top 20 songs on the UK Singles Chart and New Zealand’s Hot 40 singles chart. At the end of the year, the musical app Spotify cited Sidhu Moosewala, along with Maninder Buttar and Karan Aujla, on the list of the most popular artists in Punjab.
- On 31 August 2020, Sidhu Moose Wala officially launched his own record label titled ‘5911 Records.’ In 2020, his song “Tibeyan Da Putt” was ranked at the 8th position on the Apple Music charts in India and was ranked at the top of the iTunes charts. In May 2020, he released the song “Dear Mama,” which he dedicated to his mother on her birthday. In the following month, Sidhu Moose Wala, along with Punjabi singer Amrit Mann, released the song “Bambiha Bole,” which was ranked at 25th position in India and 81st position in Canada on the Apple Music chart. This song was ranked first in the UK Asian charts and entered the top 5 of the Global YouTube charts. Sidhu Moose Wala’s song “Game” with Shooter Kahlon became his first song to chart on the Canadian Hot 100 by Billboard in September 2020.
- In December 2020, Sidhu Moose Wala launched a single track titled “Panjab: My Motherland.” In this song, he mentioned and praised the Khalistani separatist Jarnail Singh Bhindranwale. The lyrics of the song also included the speech of a Khalistani supporter Bharpur Singh Balbir that he delivered in the late 1980s. The Indian Express
- Sidhu Moose Wala released an album titled Moosetape in May 2021, and this album contained 32 music tracks. On 12 September 2021, Sidhu Moose Wala became the first Indian singer to perform at the Wireless Festival in London. He gave a musical performance along with the British rapper Mist.
- In April 2022, Sidhu Moose Wala released a song Ep No Name, which featured AR Paisley, Mr. Capone-E, and Sunny Malton. This song was ranked 73rd on Billboard Top Canadian Albums.
- Sidhu Moose Wala was well known for his cold war with popular Punjabi singer and lyricist Karan Aujla. Both used to reply to each other through social media platforms, songs, and live concerts. The Tribune In a conversation with a media house, Elly Mangat, the then-colleague of both Sidhu and Aujla, stated that the rivalry between the two began when a video by Sidhu targeting Aujla was leaked to the management of Aujla who later threatened Sidhu. The incident provoked both of them to often target each other. Hindustan Times The song ‘Warning Shots’ was a diss-track that Sidhu Moose Wala released to counter the track ‘Lafaafe’ by Karan Aujla. However, in an interview with a media house, Aujla praised the work of Sidhu and stated that he did not write the song ‘Lafaafe’ and said nothing about the rivalry. Prime Asia TV Canada
- Till 2022, four criminal cases were registered against Sidhu Moose Wala, and two of them were related to showing obscene scenes in his tracks. In May 2020, his two videos went viral on social media, and in one of the videos, he was seen receiving training to use an AK-47 with the help of some police officers, and in another video, he himself used a personal pistol. Hindustan Times Soon after the video went viral, the police officers, who were assisting him to use AK-47, were suspended by the Punjab Government. Sidhu Moose Wala was booked under two sections of the Arms Act on 19 May 2020. The Indian Express Later, he absconded to escape the police arrest soon after police started raiding to find him.
- On 2 June 2020, Sidhu Moose Wala’s plea for anticipatory bail was rejected by the Barnala District Court. On 6 June 2020, the Nabha police fined Sidhu Moosewala for using tinted black windows on his car and was allowed to leave after he misguided the police that his anticipatory bail was granted by the court. Hindustan Times During the same month, he released a song titled “Sanju” in which he compared himself to the Bollywood actor Sanjay Dutt, who was once arrested by the police under the Arms Act. Later, Sidhu Moose Wala was criticised by Indian sports shooter Avneet Sidhu for promoting gun culture in his songs. The Tribune The following day, a complaint was lodged against him for releasing the song that encouraged gun culture. The Tribune
- In 2019, Sidhu Moose Wala made his acting debut with the film Teri Meri Jodi. In 2020, he was cast in the film Gunah. In 2021, Sidhu Moose Wala appeared in the film ‘Yes I Am Student,’ which was released under his own film production company Jatt Life Studios, and the film was directed by Tarnvir Singh Jagpal. On 22 August 2021, Sidhu Moose Wala appeared in the film Moosa Jatt. On 18 March 2022, his film Jattan Da Munda Gaun Lagya was released.
- On 3 December 2021, Sidhu Moose Wala started his political career by joining the Indian National Congress in the ministry of Chief Minister Charanjit Singh Channi and PPCC President Navjot Singh Sidhu. He contested the 2022 Punjab Legislative Assembly election from the Mansa constituency but lost to Vijay Singla, an Aam Aadmi Party candidate. During these elections, Sidhu Moose Wala kept on campaigning door to door even after the end of the permissible duration of campaigning following which a case under Section 188 of the Indian Penal Code was registered against him. Soon after the election results, Sidhu Moose Wala released a song titled ‘Scapegoat’ in which he grieved his failures in the 2022 Punjab state assembly elections. After the release of the song, the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) claimed that Sidhu Moose Wala indirectly indicated the supporters of AAP in Punjab as traitors.
- On 29 May 2022, Sidhu Moose Wala was shot dead in his Thar jeep in the village Jawaharke of Mansa district in Punjab by unidentified assailants when he was going to meet his relatives. During the incident, he was accompanied by two other men, and the assailants fired 30 rounds at his car. The two other men were also injured during the incident. Soon after the incident, Sidhu Moose Wala was brought to the Civil Hospital in Mansa, where doctors declared him brought dead. The responsibility for the murder was taken by a Canadian gangster of Punjabi origin, Satinder Singh alias Goldy Brar, soon after the incident went viral on various media platforms. Satinder Singh alias Goldy Brar is a close associate of gangster Lawrence Bishnoi. Goldy Brar also claimed that the shooting was carried out by his “Punjab Module” (gang). Later, Punjab police also confirmed that Bishnoi was involved in the murder. The Quint Before the 38th anniversary of Operation Blue Star in June 2022, the security of the 424 people in Punjab was reduced or entirely removed, and Sidhu Moose Wala was one of them. Earlier, the state government granted him four commandos for his protection, but before the 38th anniversary of Operation Blue Star, his security was reduced, and he was granted only two commandos. At the time of the incident, Sidhu Moose Wala was not travelling in the bullet-proof vehicle, which was provided to him by the state government. He was accompanied by his two private security guards. News18
- On 30 May 2022, it was claimed by some media sources that Sidhu Moose Wala’s murder could be a result of the killing of Vikramjit alias Vicky Middukhera. It was claimed that there was a rivalry between Vicky and Sidhu Moose Wala, and in August 2021, Vicky Middukhera was chased and shot dead in Mohali, Punjab. Times Now Consequently, an FIR was filed by Sidhu Moose Wala’s father at a local police station. In the complaint, his father stated that some gangsters were giving him death threats for extortion purposes. Meanwhile, his father’s statement was also confirmed by the Punjabi singer Mika Singh. ABP News
- On 30 May 2022, Punjab Chief Minister Bhagwant Mann announced an inquiry into the murder case of Sidhu Moose Wala by setting up a judicial commission formed under the chairmanship of a sitting judge of the Punjab and Haryana High Court. The Tribune On the first day of the investigation, the bullets of an AN-94 Russian assault rifle and a pistol were found by police at the spot of the killing. On 30 May 2022, a mob of protesters of the Indian National Congress attacked the residence of the Aam Aadmi Party president Arvind Kejriwal in Delhi and blamed the AAP rule Punjab government was responsible for the incident as they had curtailed the security of Moosewala. India TV The Delhi Congress president Anil Kumar said in a media conversation,
The AAP government is responsible for the daylight murder of Sidhu Moosewala. Arvind Kejriwal should answer why Moosewala’s security cover was withdrawn although his life was under threat and it was known to intelligence agencies in Punjab.”
- Sidhu Moose Wala considered ‘Channi Banka’ as his Godfather as it was Channi who introduced Moose Wala to the Punjabi Music Industry and also helped him to establish himself in Canada.
- Sidhu Moose Wala’s debut song ‘License’ (as a lyricist) was sung by Ninja which became a worldwide hit.
- Reportedly, his 8 songs got leaked before they were officially recorded.
- Sidhu Moose Wala remained very active on various social media platforms. He was followed by over 8.3 million people on Instagram. His Facebook page was followed by 1.2 million people.
- In July 2022, a life-size statue of Sidhu Moose Wala was installed at his village, Musa, in Mansa. While inaugurating the statue in the field, where the last rites of Sidhu Moose Wala were conducted, his father, Balkaur Singh, broke down and said,
I can’t bear to see my son as a statue at 28.”
- On 28 July 2022, Canadian rapper Drake wore a T-shirt with a picture of Sidhu Moose Wala at a concert in Toronto.
- In July 2022, his parents got themselves inked with the singer’s sketch on their hands.
- On 7 April 2023, his song titled ‘Mera Na’ was released on his official YouTube handle; it was the third song released after his death. The song received more than 7 million views within 8 hours of its release.