Height: 5' 9"
Wife: Sandeep Kaur
|Full Name||Daljit Singh Dosanjh TOI|
|Profession(s)||Actor, Singer, Writer|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 175 cm
in meters- 1.75 m
in feet inches- 5’ 9”
|Debut||Punjabi Film: The Lion of Punjab (2011)
Bollywood Film: Udta Punjab (2016)
Album: Ishq Da Uda Ada (2000)
Singles: "Nachdi De" ft. Miss Pooja (2009)
TV: Awaaz Punjab Di (2010, as a co-host)
|Awards, Achievements||2010: PTC Punjabi Music Awards - Best Folk Pop Album for the album 'The Next Level,' PTC Punjabi Film Award - Most Popular Song of the Year for the song "Lak 28 Kudi Da"
2012: Punjabi International Film Academy Award - Best Actor for the Jihne Mera Dil Luteya, PTC Punjabi Film Awards for Best Actor for Jihne Mera Dil Luteya
2013: PTC Punjabi Film Awards - Best Actor for the film 'Jatt & Juliet,' PTC Punjabi Music Award - Best Bhangra Song of the Year & Best Pop Vocalist Male for the song "Kharku," Brit Asia TV Music Awards - Best Album of the Year for the album 'Back 2 Basics'
2014: PTC Punjabi Film Awards - Best Actor for 'Jatt & Juliet 2,' PTC Punjabi Music Award - Best Pop Vocalist Male & Most Popular Song of the Year for the song "Proper Patola"
2015: PTC Punjabi Film Award - Most Popular Song of the Year for the song "Happy Birthday," Mirchi Music Award - Listeners' Choice Film Song of the Year for the song "Swaah Banke," Mirchi Music Award - Film Album of the Year & Listeners' Choice Film Album of the Year for the film 'Punjab 1984,' PTC Punjabi Music Award, Brit Asia TV World Music Award, Mirchi Music Award - Best Pop Vocalist Male for a Single, Best Bhangra Song of the Year, Best Single World, Best Male Act, Song of the Year – Non Film for the song "Patiala Peg"
2016: PTC Punjabi Film Award,- Most Popular Song of the Year for the song "Veervaar," PTC Punjabi Music Award - Most Popular Song of the Year & Best Bhangra Song of the Year for the song "5 Taara"
2017: Filmfare Award - Best Debut Actor Male for the film 'Udta Punjab,' Filmfare Punjabi Award - Best Actor Male for the film 'Ambarsariya' & Best Playback Singer (Male) for the song "Mitran Da Junction" (Sardaarji 2)
2018: Dadasaheb Phalke Award for the Most Trending Personality of the Year
Note: Along with these, he has many other awards, honours, and achievements to his name.
|Date of Birth||6 January 1984|
|Age (as in 2020)||36 Years|
|Birthplace||Dosanjh Kalan, Jalandhar, Punjab, India|
|Hometown||Ludhiana, Punjab, India|
|School||Shri Guru Harkrishan Public School, Ludhiana|
|College/University||Al Manar Public School, Ludhiana|
|Educational Qualification||10th standard|
|Address||A bungalow in Dugri Phase II, Ludhiana|
|Controversies||• He attracted a controversy when some Punjabi women raised their voice against the songs of Diljit, Jazzy B, and Yo Yo Honey Singh; as they considered it vulgar and anti-cultural.
• In December 2012, a team of the Income Tax Department raided the residence of Diljit Dosanjh in Ludhiana.
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Father- Balbir Singh Dosanjh (Worked as a Bus Driver)
Mother- Sukhwinder Kaur Indian Express
|Siblings||Brother- Manjeet Singh
|Food(s)||Sarson Ka Saag Makki Ki Roti, Pinni NDTV|
|Actresses||Kareena Kapoor, Deepika Padukone, Alia Bhatt, Kylie Jenner|
|Singer(s)||Gurdas Maan, Kuldeep Manak, Arijit Singh, Sunidhi Chauhan, Taylor Swift
|Fashion Brand||Tom Ford|
|Cars Collection||Porsche Panamera, Mitsubishi Pajero, Audi Q7, BMW 5 Series, Mercedes Benz G63
|Salary (approx.)||₹4 crore/film|
|Net Worth (approx.)||₹170 crore|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Diljit Dosanjh
- Does Diljit Dosanjh smoke?: No
- Does Diljit Dosanjh drink alcohol?: No
- Diljit hails from a humble family with a modest income; as his father’s salary was around ₹5,000.
- From a young age, he got an inclination towards music and started performing at local gurudwaras.
- He gave his first stage performance at a village, for the purpose of engaging the audience; as Master Saleem was late for his performance.
- In 2000, he made his singing debut with the album ‘Ishq Da Uda Ada.’
- He was originally named “Daljit” that he later changed to “Diljit” on the recommendation of his record producer, Rajinder Singh.
- His song “Lak 28 Kudi Da” was a mega-hit in which Yo Yo Honey Singh was also featured.
- His performance in the film ‘Jatt and Juliet’ became a turning point in his acting career and the film’s sequel was even a bigger hit.
- In 2013, his singing breakthrough came with the song “Proper Patola” ft. Badshah. Moreover, it became the first Punjabi song to be featured on Vevo.
- Apart from singing and acting, he is also a philanthropist; as he founded a foundation named Saanjh Foundation on his 30th birthday in 2013, which helps underprivileged children and senior citizens.
- He is one of the most in-demand stars in the ad world and has been a brand endorser for many brands as he has endorsed many brands like Coca-Cola and Flipkart Connect for Punjab.
- He has a good sense of humour and holds a witty personality.
- In 2017, there was a rumour in the social media that he had purchased a Cessna 340A Jet Plane. Later on, however, he clarified that he doesn’t own any jet; as it was just used to take him to a place in Rajasthan for a film shoot.
- His Bollywood debut ‘Udta Punjab’ (2016) was a big hit and made him earn his first Filmfare award.
- Diljit is not very much comfortable with English and mostly prefers Punjabi over it. He also shared that he needs someone by his side when he interacts with someone who speaks English.
- He personally dislikes explicit lyrics in songs.
- He is a huge fan of American TV personality Kylie Jenner and is often seen commenting on her posts on various social media handles.
- In 2018, he portrayed the role of the famous International hockey player- Sandeep Singh in his biopic ‘Soorma.’
- Diljit initially refused to do Soorma; as he was never interested in doing a sports film, but Sandeep Singh’s inspiring story prompted him to take the role. Moreover, Sandeep Singh taught him how to play hockey.
- He had rejected films of his most favourite directors from Bollywood; as he was asked to act without the turban.
- Johnny Depp‘s role of “Captain Jack Sparrow” in ‘Pirates of the Caribbean’ has been his dream role.
References/Sources: [ + ]