Some Lesser Known Facts About Siddaramaiah
- Does Siddaramaiah smoke:? Not Known
- Does Siddaramaiah drink alcohol:? Not Known
- He belongs to a poor rural background; as his father was a poor and backward farmer in a small village in Mysore.
- Siddaramaiah is the second amongst his five siblings.
- He had worked at farms to help his father in his childhood due to which he started his schooling late.
- Siddaramaiah didn’t go to school until the age of 10, but he used to attend the folk art classes near to his home, where he used to practice writing of alphabets on sands of his village pond.
- Despite joining school so late, he topped the state board examination.
- He was called S Cube by his teachers in his school.
- Despite having a great interest in Mathematics and Science, he chose to be a lawyer.
- After his law degree, he practised for some time, after which he was picked up by a senior advocate and politician for assembly election ticket from Bharatiya Lokdal Party in 1983.
- He then entered the seventh legislative assembly elections for Karnataka and won the seat, which earned him a great name and fame.
- He also joined the ruling Janata Party and became the first president of the Kannada Kavalu Samiti, i.e. Kannada Surveillance Committee.
- After the spilt of Janata Dal, he went on with Gowda to form Janata Dal (secular) and became the president of the state unit.
- He later joined Congress due to some differences between him and Deve Gowda and in 2013, he became the leader of Congress legislative party.
- In 2013, he led Congress by winning the Legislative Assembly election by a great margin and on 13 May, he took his oath as 22nd Chief Minister of Karnataka. Here’s a video showcasing his oath ceremony:
- His son, Rakesh died in July 2016 due to multiple organ failures. This news was revealed on Facebook by some of his friends, and they revealed that they were travelling with him to attend “Tomorrowland,” which is the world’s biggest electronic dance music festival held in Belgium annually.
- His father always wanted him to become a doctor.
- Once in an interview with RJ Shruthi at 92.7 BIG FM, he revealed that he could also cook and loves cooking upma and rice.
- He told that he never sets the alarm to wake up for any occasion and his wife has never wake him up, as he takes care of all his meetings and timings with his biological clock.
- He dreams of a hunger-free Karnataka and believes in Food For All motto.
- In 2018, in the Karnataka Legislative Assembly elections, he contested for two constituencies, i.e. Chamundeshwari and Badami, but won only from Badami with a small margin of 1,696 votes.
📢⚡TRENDING: List of IPL Winners (2008-2018)