|Real Name||Shubha Mudgal|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 160 cm
in meters- 1.60 m
in feet inches- 5’ 3”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 85 kg
in pounds- 187 lbs
|Music Teacher(s)||1. Pandit Ramashreya Jha
2. Vinay Chandra Maudgalya
3. Pandit Vasant Thakar
4. Pandit Jitendra Abhisheki
5. Naina Devi
6. Pt. Kumar Gandharva
|Debut||Music Album: Dance Of the Wind (1998)
|Date of Birth||Year 1959|
|Age (as in 2018)||59 Years|
|Birth Place||Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Not Known|
|Hometown||Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|College/University|| St. Mary's Convent Inter College, Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh, India
Delhi University, New Delhi, India
|Family||Father- Prof. Skand Gupta
Mother- Prof. Jaya Gupta
Brother- Not Known
Sister- Not Known
|Hobbies||Dancing, Singing & Writing|
|Favourite Food(s)||Gujarati Cuisines, Punjabi Cuisines & North Indian Cuisine|
|Favourite Actor(s)||Amitabh Bachchan, Kishore Kumar, Dev Anand|
|Favourite Singer(s)||Mohammed Rafi, Kishore Kumar, Lata Mangeshkar, MS Subbulakshmi|
|Favourite Colours||Red, Orange, White & pink|
|Boys, Affairs and More|
|Husband/Spouse||Mukul Mudgal, head of the FIFA Governance Committee and Review Committee (Divorced)
Aneesh Pradhan, Tabla soloist (m. 2000- present)
|Marriage Date||Not Known|
|Children||Son- Dhaval Mudgal ( from first marriage)
|Salary (as event performer)||11 lacs (INR)|
|Net Worth (Approx)||2-3 Crore (INR)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Shubha Mudgal
- Does Shubha Mudgal smoke?: No
- Does Shubha Mudgal drink alcohol?: No
- Her range of singing involves various singing genres such as Khayal, Thumri, Dadra & Indi-Pop.
- She belongs to a scholarly family as her parents & grandparents both were College Professors.
- She is also a trained ‘Kathak’ dancer.
- She earlier got married to the son of her guru, Vinay Chandra Maudgalya, but the marriage ended in divorce. In 2000, she got married to the eminent Tabla soloist & Vocalist, Aneesh Pradhan.
- In addition to her recordings and concerts, she briefly ran a website called raagsangeet.com for the lovers of Classical Indian Music.
- She sang the title track of Star Plus’s popular serial Diya Aur Baati Hum along with Kailash Kher.
- She was awarded the 1996 National Film Award for Best Non-Feature Film ‘Amrit Beej’, the 1998 Gold Plaque Award for her music in the film Dance of the Wind (1997) at the 34th Chicago International Film Festival.
- She was also honoured by Padma Shri in the year 2000.
- The glimpses of her tremendous singing can be seen in a few songs such as Ali More Angana, Mann Ki Manjeree & Kisson Ki Chadar etc.
- Her song ‘Ab Ke Sawan’ is considered one of her best songs among the pop-music lovers.
- She had one son, Dhaval Mudgal, who is a lead singer in the Delhi-based band ‘Half Step Down. He is also a promising poker player.
- Here Shubha Mudgal is telling us about the power of music in one’s life.
- In November 2018, she went to Italy to perform at the wedding function of Deepika Padukone and Ranveer Singh.