Simone Tata Age, Caste, Husband, Children, Family, Biography & More
Age: 92 Years
Children: Noel Tata
Husband: Naval Tata
|Date of Birth||1930|
|Age (as of 2022)||92 Years|
|Relationships & More|
|Children||Son- Noel Tata
Note: To know more about the Tata family, read our Tata Family Tree post.
Some Lesser Known Facts About Simone Tata
- Simone Tata is a Swiss-born Indian businesswoman who is known for leading India’s first makeup brand Lakme. Vogue She joined Lakme in 1962 when it was a new venture and worked for its success. Currently, she is the senior-most existing member of the Tata family. She also founded one successful entity of the Tatas, Trent. The Economic Times
- In 1953, she met Naval Tata when she came on a trip to India from Switzerland. They entered into a relationship and finally got married in 1955. After marriage, they settled down in Mumbai, India. Two years later in 1957, they had a son named Noel Tata. She also had two stepsons from the first wife of Naval Tata and they are Jimmy and Ratan Tata.
- In 1961, she started her journey in the business domain by joining Lakme as a board member.
- After serving the company for four years, she began heading the company as its Managing Director in 1964. She held this position for 18 years and finally became the Chairman of the Board of Directors in 1982. With her intelligence and caliber, she made Lakme a leading cosmetic company in India. After the success of Lakme, she was appointed as the Director of the largest private-sector company in Aisa known as Tata Industries Ltd. She led this company which now has over ninety-one units in multiple sectors.
- In 1996, Lakme was sold to Hindustan Lever Limited. After this, she founded her first venture, Trent which bought up Westside in 1998. She commenced westside with a single store and now it has over two hundred stores across the country and houses a total of 22 in-house crafted labels. Westside As of March 2022, Trent has a net worth of Rs. 2515 Crore. The Economic Times
- She not just contributed to the growth of Tata’s business but was also a part of social organizations. She is one of the founder trustees of the Children of the World India Trust.
- After her husband Naval, she became the Chairman of Sir Ratan Tata Institute and initiated many philanthropical works. Tata She was also a trustee of the India Foundation for Arts.
|↑2||The Economic Times|
|↑4||The Economic Times|