Some Lesser Known Facts About Sonal Mehrotra
- Does Sonal Mehrotra Sawant smoke?: Not Known
- Does Sonal Mehrotra drink alcohol?: Not Known
- In August 2011, she joined NDTV as a News Correspondent.
- She lives in New Delhi along with her husband, Ankit.
- Her rise to stardom has been meteoric after she started anchoring for one of India’s most famous Hindi news channels- NDTV.
- Sonal was highly praised for her exclusive coverage of JNU incident. She told that she faced an extreme level of difficulties while reporting this incident, as her cellphone was snatched and she was ordered to delete the evidence video and threatened of her bones and phone getting broke otherwise.
- In a talk with Newslaundry, she narrated what actually happened with her and the state of lawyers and journalists at that time:
- In 2016, she was honoured with Dr Q H Khan Excellence Award by a senior journalist- Saba Naqvi, for her commitment towards journalism at an event held in Abul Fazal Enclave.
- In 2017, it’s been around 7 years that Sonal has devoted to her journalism career and has gained a lot from it. Here’s a video showcasing Sonal’s excellent oratory skills in an interview with the makers of a documentary on Arvind Kejriwal- An Insignificant Man:
- For her trailblazing work throughout her career, she was chosen amongst the 10 women to be honoured with Dr Kalam Award at Jamia Nagar event.
- Sonal is a movie buff and loves listening to songs.
📢⚡TRENDING: Watch the biography of REAL "Gully Boy" - Naezy⚡